Chapter 2

5th November

Home-
After having dinner and chatting with my parents, I went to my room at 10 PM and opened my laptop to study. I usually stayed up late to study because I could concentrate more at night.

At around 1 am, I was done studying so I logged on to my Instagram account. I knew Ethan’s username since he was one of my favorite YouTubers. He regularly uploaded reaction videos on his channel and I used to watch them all so I knew a lot about him, including the fact that he was wealthy.

The first time I started stalking him online was when I was transferred to my new school. I saw him deliver a speech which inspired me a lot. From then on, I did see him sometimes during lunch and while leaving school. He really was attractive. But he wasn't proud of it. He was down to earth and friendly with everyone. But I always thought that he would ignore me if I talked to him, which is why I never dared to.

When I checked his profile, I saw that he was live and I immediately jumped in.

He was answering people’s questions. He looked flawless even on the camera. He gave a gentle vibe. His hair looked so soft that I wanted to pet him. His eyes and expressions were very innocent. He was perfect. And to see his face and hear him talk, more than 10K people were watching his live streaming.

I sat down on my bed and covered myself with the duvet while watching him.

Someone asked if he had a girlfriend yet and I sat up to hear his answer.

He answered,” I broke up a year ago and since then I didn’t make one. But believe me, friends are better than Boyfriends or Girlfriends. I would rather want a new friend than dating someone. Okay, next one is Julia…” He went on to answer the questions but I kept thinking about his answer.

He was right, friends are better. It seemed like the answer was for me. He wouldn’t laugh at me for going to him and asking him to be friends which boosted my confidence.

6th November

School-
I walked down the corridor confidently, heading towards Ethan’s class. I had made up my mind to ask him to be friends and I was very determined to say it out loud but just when I reached the door, I saw a guy with Ethan. There was just the two of them in the classroom.

They were arguing and the other guy punched Ethan’s face, yelling,” I hate this fucking face of yours, you bastard!”