Chapter 23

Home-
Before opening the door, I thought twice.

Real or not, it is scaring the shit out of me.

It was getting darker. I waited for mom and dad to return and kept sitting at the doorstep in the cold.

Why would I be guilty? It's not like the information that I have would be of any help to Ethan's case. She's implying that I'm going crazy but there's definitely something in...my house. Why didn't I feel anything outside? It only happens when I'm inside my house.

After a wait of 2 hours, mom and dad returned.

“Gwen? Why are you sitting outside?” Mom asked and jump-scared me.

“I lost the keys.” I lied.

“Oh dear-“Dad opened the door with the spare keys and we went in.

I was scared to step in and kept looking at every corner of the house.

“I’ll make soup for you.” Mom went to the kitchen, leaving me and dad in the living.

“Did you go out?” he asked.

“Yes, I went to the park to meet Stace.” I answered.

“Honey, come here for a sec.” Mom called dad to the kitchen so he left me alone.

“It won’t happen again.” I said to myself and started thinking about my favorite TV show to keep my mind occupied like Stace had told me earlier.

I don't think it's just my head, yet I'll try. I have to prove her wrong.

“We need to replace it I guess.” I heard dad’s voice coming from the kitchen.

I went there to see what was going on and mom told me that the light started flickering as soon as she turned it on.

“Didn’t we replace it just a month ago?” I asked.

“It surely is strange. I’ll buy a better one this time.” Dad said when suddenly the light short-circuited and fell on his head.

Mom screamed,” Oh my god! Gwen get the kit!”