Chapter 100 (BONUS)

𓆩♡𓆪

Ethan Miler

11 November

It was my birthday.

I wouldn't say I was happy. But I wasn't sad either. Dad had scolded me because I didn't want to come out to meet his esteemed guests. I argued it was my birthday,  not some business conference.  Even though he called me useless, I didn't take it to heart. I thought he still loved me as his son.

I quietly went back to my room. I hadn't used social media for a few days because my little brother said he didn't like me because of that. I didn't want him to hate me. I loved him. After all, I had promised mom that I would take care of him.

But I really needed to do a live stream at that time. I was upset, but I had people who valued me rather than using me. I had people who wanted to talk to me.

To avoid getting caught, I locked the door and started setting up the phone stand but before I could go further, I heard a knock on my door.

"Shoot." I quickly hid the stand under the sheets and prepared to answer the door. I hoped it wasn't dad, asking me to meet another business partner of his.

"God, please." I prayed as I swung the door open to see Edwin.

I smiled at him but he shoved me out of his way and entered. I was still grinning because it was him.

He sat down on the bed while I closed the door shut.

"Ou--" He gasped. He sat right where I hid the phone stand. He removed the sheets and held it up in his hand while I crossed my arms and nodded," I know I know."

"Then you shouldn't do it." He gritted.

"I was feeling down." I answered simply.

"Like I give two fucks about that?" He threw it on the bed and sat down again.

"Why do you insist I leave social media though? Did dad ask you to--"

"We don't talk like this. We don't talk at all." He reminded me. It was true we never really talked to each other because he disliked me. If things were in my control, I would've loved my brother dearly. But he never let me love him.

"And yet you're here." I smiled.

"It's because that fucker out there is asking me to do this and that. It's exhausting." He sighed and layed back," Why did you have to be born today?"

"Did you have other plans?" I asked. I didn't mind what he said. I knew he didn't mean it.

"Like I would tell you?" He side-eyed me.

"That's the price for staying in my room."

"Just...this girl I saw few days ago. The one in your class." He spoke, looking at the ceiling. From the look on his face, I could tell he was serious about this mysterious girl.

"Someone from my class caught your eye?" I rushed towards the bed and sat beside him.

"Sto-- Stop acting like that you douche." He punched my arm and it actually hurt.