Chapter 79

BONUS CHAPTER

Edwin

5th December

I could snap his neck under my foot while he begged for forgiveness.

"Let m- me-" He choked as words hardly came out.

"Easy. Don't waste your energy." I smirked and took a gulp from the beer bottle before smashing it on his head.

"Did you think I'll let you leave the city?" I asked.

"I'll do whatever you want!" He yelled as he squirmed under my foot.

"Who are you yelling at?" I asked, pressuring on his neck harder.

"I'm sorry." He coughed and I stepped back, letting him breathe because ten more seconds and he would've been done for life.

"You hurt her. I hurt you. Fuck off now." I said and sat down on the trunk of my car, staring at him struggling to get up from the ground. The music was playing on blast. That vibe was something. 

< I love the smell of Gasoline >

< I light the match to taste the heat >

"What were you even thinking when you slapped her? Do I look that easy?" I laughed and put on my ring. I always took it off when I had to use my fists. I sighed at my bleeding knuckles and cursed under my breath. I wasn't satisfied yet.

"She's a slut!" He shouted as he limped and stood up from the ground.

<I've always liked to play with fire >

A smirk formed on my face as I took off the ring and slid it inside my pocket.

Gwen

It was the first time Edwin was late. I had clearly told him to come at 6 but it had been 15 minutes past 6. He would usually wait outside my house way before time. That made me even more nervous. 

What if he's in a bad mood?

I stared out of my bedroom window. It looked like it was going to rain again. I sighed, placing my elbow on the windowsill and remembered how Ethan had helped someone that evening. Just thinking about it made me smile. That wasn't the first time he'd been so kind and helpful.

__

6 months ago-

I was on my way to school. It was a warm, summer morning. I was already running late because the sole of my shoe had come off and I had to stick it with Super Glue temporarily. It was an important day. A chief guest was visiting our school and I was supposed to present a bouquet to him on behalf of our school. But it wasn't important for that reason. It was important...because Ethan Miler was going to be on stage to deliver another moving and encouraging speech. 

Just thinking about him made me grin but when I looked at the school gate in front of me, I saw Ethan on his knees, facing the opposite side. I thought he was probably tying his shoe lace. I got anxious and slowed down. I thought hard on whether to greet him or just walk by quietly and without even realizing, I was already so close to him that I couldn't take the side and walk away.

Shit.

I stopped, not knowing what to do. I still had the chance to just step back quietly since he hadn't noticed me when he spoke," Are you lost?"

huh?!

I thought he was speaking to me and only then I noticed an adorable little girl  in a pink dress with pigtails, sobbing quietly in front of him.

"Which direction did you come from?" He asked her and she pointed to the right innocently.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Fiona." She said in her tiny voice. 

"Do you know your mom's phone number?" He asked.

"Mommy!" She called out, pointing towards a woman standing across the road, looking in our direction and waiting for the green light.

Ethan turned to see the girl's mother when he noticed me standing behind him. I almost forgot how to breathe. 

He looked at me for 3 seconds ( I counted because I was about to run in 3 seconds) and he blinked twice (I counted that too) before turning towards the little girl. He let her hold his index finger and stood up," I'll take you to your mommy, okay?"  

She nodded and he giggled," Adorable. Fiona is so cute." 

I glanced at my watch as they both walked away towards the mother. He was already late. Yet, he didn't leave the little girl's hand until her mom reached them and held her hand. It was just one of the million reasons why I liked him.

__

I snapped out of my thoughts when a white car pulled over across the street. 

"Shit shit shit shit shit! He's here." I closed the window and jolted downstairs. I had deliberately asked Edwin for a movie night at my place so that on the next date, I could ask him to take me to his house and steal the keys.

I had done all the necessary preparations like popcorn, snacks and cold drinks and cleaned the whole house, because even though he wasn't really someone special, he was still a guest and I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable in a dirty environment. 

I was so nervous that before he could even ring the bell, I opened the door and found him standing right in front of me, his hand going for the door bell.

"HI." I said enthusiastically.

"Hey." He said in a rather dull tone. 

We were playing each other's part that day. Usually he would be the excited one and I would sulk, but it was the opposite then and that was bothering me because he could be acting like that because he was in a bad mood and that was a threat to my short life.

He made his way into the hall and meanwhile I debated whether to lock myself in with Edwin Miler or not, but there was no way I could leave the main door wide open, so I hesitantly closed it and walked over to him.

He was relaxing on the couch with his eyes shut. He looked exhausted and as much as I didn't want to admit, drunk.

"Well...how was your day?" I asked feeling awkward to start a conversation first. 

"Does your face hurt?" He asked instead of answering me.

"It doesn't." I answered.

"Turn it on." He ordered.

"Wh-Turn what on?" I asked cluelessly.

"The TV." He said as he grabbed the remote from the table when I noticed his knuckles were bleeding.

"What happened to your [He glared with that cold, hawkeye expression]...sorry. I'll turn it on." I said and turned on the TV.

Relax Gwen, he's just...drunk. He hasn't gotten more aggressive and if he has, you're dying tonight. No, what the fuck am I thinking?  He probably beat a soul up and is feeling frustrated or he just punched a wall-

"I hit Tyler." He answered.

"Again? Are you serious? You only hurt yourse-" I was real mad at hearing Tyler's name and also that he was still in the city, but I stopped talking when he stood up and approached me.

"I'm...sorry that happened to you." He said and slowly pulled me into a hug. 

A/N
Since you wanted Edwin pov I made it into a bonus chapter :) It's a bit short because it's a bonus chapter which i didn't plan on giving but did 😭

Also cuz i got vaccinated today and my arm hurts so I'm resting :') I'll try to update tomorrow if i don't get sick.