Chapter 9

"What?" I felt betrayed. Why did Stace take my name when it's got nothing to do with me and she knows it the best? Was she trying to get everyone's attention on me and get away herself?

"You should make friends wisely." He said. It seemed like he understood how I was feeling.

"Sir... I wasn't trying to get anyone's attention. I just-"I breathed out," I just wanted a friend."

"How much did you know about Ethan Miler?" he asked, relaxing back on his seat as if he believed my words.

"I knew a little about his background from his videos and live streams. I knew about his dad and that he didn't have a mom. Of course, he was a good and popular student as well." I answered.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"No-- I mean-- I understand you want me to tell you about something but I don't know what that is, so if you could please make it easier for me to-" I was saying when he interrupted me," You want me to be direct then?"

"Something... like that." I answered, stifling with my hands under the table.

"Did you see something which might have disturbed Ethan and lead to him committing suicide?" He asked.

"What did Stace tell you?" I asked him straight up. Stace surely did tell him something which he wanted me to say with my own mouth.

He stood up," Answer my question." He adjusted his coat and walked towards my side of the table. I stuck to my chair and spoke," I know nothing about it."

I had understood he wanted to know about the day when Edwin punched Ethan and not about the texts because I never told Stace that I texted him.

Whatever it was about, I had decided to keep my mouth shut. I didn't want to speak about Ethan or Edwin anymore.

"You can't lie Gwen. Stace has already told me that you were the one who saw Ethan's younger-"he was saying but I burst out," She's lying alright? She wants to put the suspicion on me. She's a bitch. I thought she was my friend. Look, Mr. Cooper, you should investigate her and not me. She's clearly making things up."

"Are you saying it never happened?" He asked.

"Yes. It never happened and even if it did, I know nothing about it. I didn't see anything, nor did I tell Stace. This year is very important for me so let me go back to my class." I said.

"How can you be so insincere towards someone's death?" he asked.

"I feel sad for him but I don't care much because he was a coward to have committed suicide." I said heartlessly. I didn't want to look like I was invested in Ethan. I just wanted to appear like any other student who didn't even speak to Ethan, because that was the truth.

"Who are you to call it a suicide?" he asked.

"It's not me but the police. You should stop wasting your time on this sir." I said.

"His phone is missing." He said.