Chapter 13

"Gwen!" someone yelled. It was my Chemistry teacher. I immediately looked at the blackboard.

"What are you doing? Bird-watching?" she asked," Stand up."

"Sorry miss." I apologized as I stood up.

"Pay attention to the class alright? Sit." She said.

From the corner of my eye, I looked out of the window again but the boy was gone.

Canteen-
I was sitting alone and having my lunch when Stace came and sat down opposite to me.

"Hey." She said.

"Get lost." I said.

"I'm sorry okay? Please forgive me." She requested.

"I don't want to talk to you. I've forgiven you but now I don't want friends." I said.

"But why? You think I stabbed you behind your back? I just told him that-" She said.
"That I was 'trying to get Ethan's attention' right?" I asked.

"Look I'm sorry. I was equally scared as you and I just wanted to be done with it and get out of the room." She said.

"Who said I was scared? It's not like I did something wrong and it's not like you did something wrong either so why were you  scared?" I asked.

"I used to text him-- like uh... it was just stupid." She lowered her head.

"What did you text him about? Did he reply weirdly or something?" I asked as I rose from my chair and leaned over the table towards her.

"Why are you suddenly acting weird?" she moved back in her chair.

"What's weird?" I asked.

"You just spilled coffee on your clothes." She said and I looked down. The coffee container was empty and all the coffee was poured over my jeans.

"Darn it." I moved away from the table.