Chapter 94

"If you kill him--!" I shouted to get Edwin's attention and he even stopped walking towards Elijah with the petrol. He raised a brow for me to continue. He knew I was threatening him and that I might not have been serious too. But I knew I was.

"What? You'll die for him now?" Edwin gasped dramatically, when I didn't continue. I bit my lips tightly and took one deep breath," Yes. I will."

"Why, Gwen?" He was looking at the ground. Had I finally hit the spot? Had I finally made him vulnerable?

"If it's because you like this prick," He looked at me," Then he has to die."  I gulped. Say something. Anything! Distract him. How do I distract him? He's stepping forward. He's going to kill Eli--   My desperate thoughts were disrupted when I felt that chilly sensation again. It was a lot warmer than before and yet, I was getting goosebumps. Every hair on my neck stood up at once.

Something was definitely going on which neither of us was aware of.

All of a sudden, a wind started blowing in there, in the godown.

I could see tatters of waste clothes lying around move. Little pipes rolled back and forth, empty cans and other metal containers jingled. Edwin too found it weird when we could almost hear the gushing wind. He paused and started looking around like me.

The flames nearly extinguished and Elijah was still...motionless. There was a pool of blood around his head which was making me very anxious. Several questions were going on in my head. But the most prominent one was...was he even alive?

"What the fuck." Edwin's voice disseminated once again, cancelling my thoughts and I looked up at him, no... further ahead of him, where stood Elijah who was, seconds ago, lying on the floor.

There was something weird in Elijah's expression and the way he stood, upright, as if he had not been laying unconscious and had not been beaten up so badly minutes ago.

"Elijah..." I said to myself.
Without wasting any time, Edwin attempted to splash the petrol over Elijah but his arms stopped in mid-air. 

"Ed."

That mere word made Edwin stop dead. The Can dropped from his hands.

"What did you say?" Edwin asked, bewildered. Something about that nickname made him lose his temper.

"Stop now." Elijah said again in a monotonous tone.

"You fuckface! You think I'd fall for it?" Edwin tried to choke Elijah but when he was barely an inch away from touching him, his hands froze in place.

What?

Elijah was silently staring at Edwin trying to make his hands move which seemed to be stuck in the air.

"What's going on?!" Edwin yelled in irritation.

I got to my feet, barely believing what my mind was telling me. I wanted to call myself crazy for thinking that. But when I recalled the chilly feeling, the wind and Elijah suddenly getting up, speaking in a robotic tone, I pieced it all together and there was only one possibility.

Ethan was here.

I started balling my eyes out right then and there.

Edwin was unable to move. Elijah...no...Ethan's warm gaze was fixated on me. Just the way he looked at me filled my heart with so much love than I thought I would die from it. How much I liked him for me to feel so much pain in my chest when he simply looked at me.

"Don't cry Gwen." Ethan smiled at me. It wasn't Elijah's voice but his own. That broke my heart. I covered my mouth with my palms and cried loudly," Ethan..." I wanted to hug him for dear life.