Chapter 34

"The boy...behind you...He's so pretty!"
said in excitement. (Recap)

I turned back to see who she was calling pretty but I just saw a few nurses and some people sitting on the chairs but no 'pretty boy.'

"Oh Kelly! Please don't leave my cabin just like that-" A woman came running and bent in front of the little girl. The woman was wearing a doctor's coat.

"I'm so sorry. I left the door open and she sneaked out. I'm her psychiatrist. She's a very imaginative kid so please don't believe what she said." The woman told me.

"That's not a problem. Nice to meet you. I'm Gwen Smith." I said and shook hands with her.

"I'm Marie Frost and my office is right there." She said, pointing towards a room few doors away from dad's ward.

"May I ask...what did Kelly say?" She asked hesitantly.

"She said there was a boy behind me and called him pretty. But apparently there wasn't anyone." I answered.

" I see. I need to work a lot on her. If you could please excuse us?" She asked.

"Sure. Bye Ms Frost?"

"Yeah I'm...single. But I'm getting married next month." She smiled brightly.

"Congratulations." I said and Ms Frost took Kelly along with her to her office.

Mom's coffee!

I hurried to the elevator, got mom's coffee and returned back in the elevator.

Right when I walked past Ms. Frost's office, I heard a very familiar voice of a man.

"I want to know something regarding 'The Miler's Suicide' case." The man asked.

"Oh, what makes you think I have some information?" I heard Ms Frost.

"Because he frequently visited this hospital for counselling sessions." He answered.

"I'm a psychiatrist, not a counsellor."

"Of course, I'm a detective by profession and I'm educated enough to know the difference." He said," Where is the counsellor?"

That's...Mr. Richard Cooper, the detective who had visited our school. It's the same gruff yet smooth voice with a mix of American and British accent. Wasn't the investigation closed? Why is he still investigating about Ethan's case?

"The counsellor quit her job last month." Ms Frost answered.

I moved a little close to the door to hear clearly.

"Has it got something to do wi-"

"Certainly not. As I mentioned, it was last month and this incident happened recently."  Ms Frost said,"Kelly, don't eat those pens!"

I heard Kelly giggle while Ms Frost sighed,"Please leave. I have more important work."

"Then, thank you very much."

I immediately started walking as Mr. Cooper was about to come out. I went straight to dad's ward before Mr. Cooper could see me. Even if he did, he wouldn't recognise me instantly.