Chapter 22

Park-

“What’s this about?” she asked as we were sitting on a bench.

“I think- I think something is wrong with me. I heard whispers and-“ I said.

“You heard whispers? Oh my god, I too heard it once.” She said and started laughing.

“I knew you wouldn’t believe me. Why did I even tell you?” I rolled my eyes and looked away.

“Wait- Hang on- You weren’t joking?” she asked.

“Do I look like I’m joking?” I asked.

“Well, what you’re trying to say is that you heard whispers? And what exactly did you hear?” she asked. It seemed that she was taking it seriously now.

“It keeps calling my name.” I answered," In a creepy way."

“That’s Auditory ha-“ She was saying when I said,” No it’s not. It’s…real. I feel it around me. I- I can’t even bathe now because I can’t escape from it.”

“This is pretty serious. My uncle is a psychiatrist and-“ she said.

“No! I told you it’s REAL.” I said.

“You are traumatized Gwen. You need to see a psychiatrist.” She said.

“Just forget it. Don’t tell anyone and even my parents. I know they would think the same as you and take me to a psychiatrist.” I said.

“Are you hearing stuff right now?” she asked.

“No.” I answered. I felt normal at that moment.

“Because you’re with me and talking to me. Right now you’re not thinking about anything else but me and you’re looking at my face. When you’re alone and your head’s empty, you hear whispers. It’s a mental condition okay? Nothing is real. You yourself said you don’t believe in ghosts, right?” She tried to make me understand.

“Geez, you do have a point. But what trauma are you even talking about?” I asked.

“Ethan’s death.” She answered.

“Why would I be traumatized at his death?” I asked.

“It’s bugging you deep inside. Conscience? Or Guilt? Because you aren’t telling the detective what you saw that day, and you think you’re at fault.” She said.

“That’s enough. I’m going back home.” I stood up.

“Gwen, quit lying.” She said from behind me,"Tell him everything."

“I told you we won’t talk about this anymore!” I shouted and left.