Chapter 70

"Wh-What?" I laughed as I couldn't believe what he said. I sat down beside him and turned slightly towards him, keeping my hands on my knees," You're saying I came here?"

"You wouldn't know since you were possessed."

That explained why my legs were paining. I had probably walked all the way to his house and back and I was surprisingly still alive.

"So...Ethan got inside my body and came here and spoke to you."  I was surely burning up. The words came out of my mouth like fire.

"Are you okay?" He asked, noticing my temper rise.

"I'm not!" I yelled and stood up, looking around," All he spoke to me was 'Help me' and he fucking came to you?"

"You don't seem to like the fact that he came to me." He said in his calm voice.

"He chose me  but he doesn't even speak to me!"

"Where's the problem here? You didn't want to help him in the beginning anyway." He said and the way those words hit me, I immediately cooled down. It was true that I didn't want to help him earlier and I suddenly wanted to. 

What made me change my mind?

"What did Ethan tell you?" I asked, remembering that my anger wasn't important but the information he gave us was.

"He doesn't remember anything from that night."

"Why did I expect that?" I uttered and sat down again.

"It's of no use anyway," He said," There's one important thing he told me, which explains exactly why he doesn't know who his killer is."

"And I'm guessing you won't tell me." 

"Eventually, I will." He sighed.

"I know I shouldn't be asking this...but how far have you reached with the investigation?" I asked and he gave me the if-you-know-you-shouldn't-ask-then-shut-up  look.

"I think two people are enough to worry about it." He said," You job is to talk to-"

"You mean, rent my body so he can talk to you." I interrupted.

"This really isn't something you should be mad about." He said, shaking his head.

"Then how should I feel about this? He doesn't think I'm capable or trustworthy  enough to understand? Or maybe he doubts my literacy." I mumbled.

"You should feel special."

"He possessed me without my permission and didn't even bother to tell me where he took my body and what he did with it!" I scowled. 

"He asked you to help him and only then possessed you, Gwen Smith." He highlighted to shut me up," If it hadn't been for you, we wouldn't have found out that he doesn't know the killer."

"Well...makes sense but I don't like the idea of giving him my body without  knowing what I did during that time." I argued.

"Ask him then." He said," I'm shocked how you haven't had a conversation with him yet. What are you waiting  for?" 

"I was caught up in shit and Edwin keeps...never mind." I stopped as I re-thought upon my decision of telling him about Edwin, since he was only interested in Ethan.

"Edwin what?" He prompted me to finish my sentence.

"It's nothing related to the case."

"Speak." He ordered.

Dedicated toshreyamittal2406 xoxo