Chapter 14

Washroom-
Stace accompanied me to the washroom to help me wash off the stain.

“What did you text him about?” I asked her once again.

“I used to flirt and he never replied or saw them because he never accepted my request. I was just scared they might read those texts. Imagine how embarrassing it would’ve been and what if the teachers came to know and the word spread and reached my mom. I would be so dead. Thankfully they didn’t find his phone.” She said.

“Do you think they even need to investigate this?” I asked.

“Of course. Although it wasn’t a murder, but suicide can also be due to various reasons and some of them can be man-made. Obviously his dad would want to know why his son died as well.” She said,” But why didn’t you tell the detective about his brother?”

“I don’t want to get involved so pretend that I never told you about seeing something that day, alright? Or it’ll be really over for us.” I said.

“Are you going to end our friendship?” she laughed.

“We won’t talk about this anymore.” I said.

What I had assumed really happened. 3 days later everyone was booming about the prom night and forgot about Ethan.

The detective must’ve stopped investigating since he wasn’t seen around the school again and also there were just parts of Ethan’s case on the News because his dad was a businessman.

But my life was changing. Many unusual things had started happening. I felt like…I was being watched. I heard whispers and started forgetting to turn off lights, water-taps, devices and stuff like that. But I didn't let my parents know any of that because I didn't want them to think I was going insane and would do something stupid like Ethan.