Chapter 52

I looked at the crumpled piece of paper and sighed," How am I supposed to break up with him on her behalf?" I grumbled, shoving the paper inside the pocket.

"Who was it?" Mom asked and I told her everything about Stace leaving for Canada to settle with her Step dad.

They both continued what they were doing while I went upstairs to my room. I sat down on my study table and took the paper out of my pocket," I need his help anyway. I'll ask him his address right now. I can't wait until tomorrow." I spoke and a shudder ran down my spine. My breathing became heavy and I felt my brain freeze.

Ethan had probably heard me.

I'm so dumb to speak anything out when he's here.

I decided that I wouldn't speak whatever plan I had, not sure if it would make Ethan happy or angry.

I dialed Elijah's number on my phone. It was 8 AM and I doubted he was still asleep, yet he didn't answer the call.

I left a voicemail, asking him for a call back and then went to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I really needed to take a bath because periods made me feel the dirtiest. But I was really nervous. He could see me.

"Are you here? Can you please go out for a bit? I- I need to take a bath so..." I said and yet again, got no response. I waited for anything to move or some other signs for about 5 minutes and I couldn't wait anymore. I couldn't be sure of anything but with a clear head, I told myself to think of him as a person. Would he ever peek while I took a shower? The answer was a definite No. He was different. He was pure. I loved him.

I slipped under the shower, drawing the curtains and took the quickest bath I'd ever taken. I draped into clean clothes and finally felt protected.

I was still in the bathroom when I heard my phone ringing in the room. Thinking it was probably Elijah's, I rushed out and almost slipped and cracked my head open because my floaters were still wet. I luckily grabbed onto the door knob and pulled myself back up straight.

"My life is a comedy show." I muttered before answering Elijah's call. I would've been disappointed if it wasn't his call, because I totally risked my nose-bridge on it.

"Hey," He paused," I'm surprised how you have my number."

"Tell me your address and we'll talk." I said.

"Is he going hard on you?" He asked about Ethan's hauntings.

"Nope," I paused and looked around," I'm good. I got a couple of things to tell you and I can't really wait until tomorrow to know more about the situation I'm in."

"What if I tell you I'm not at home?"

"Where are you then? I'll come to you." I said.

"You wouldn't want to come to a mortuary." I could almost see the smirk on his face as he said that.

"What the hell are you doing there?" I questioned.

"The doctors are examining Ethan's body."

"What the fuck?" I covered my mouth in awe. I thought his cremation was over. Why would his family stretch it so much?

"Later, Gwen." He hung up.

What does all this mean? What is it that him and Mr. Cooper are so determined to find out and WHY? I need answers to my questions.