Chapter 12

Iman adjusted his gigantic sunglasses with a pout. He hated how he was already feeling hot the moment he got to Nigeria. The weather in London is absolutely nothing like Nigeria, the sun could literally darken ones complexion. He was already missing his big bed and his shoe closet. Thank God he wasn't going to stay here for long. He would loose his mind.

"Aren't you being a bit exaggerative? You schooled here before Iman" Bash said when Iman grumbled profanities at the amount of people in the busy airport.

"It was just two years! The other six years from birth doesn't count! I hate it here" Iman lamented like a pregnant woman as he dragged his box off the carousel slowly. He had just spoken to Islam and ofcourse he did not tell him he was coming here. It's going to be a surprise.

"It's not that bad. What about the less privileged who have no fans and air conditioner in their homes? Your complaints are hypocritical. You don't hate the country, you just hate what you've been compelled to do here" Bash jabbed making Iman grit his teeth. His father had persuaded his mother to get him to come work at the hospital, the supposed hospital that would be his in the nearest future. He had argued as if his life depended on it, but his mother refused to budge. She demanded he goes over to see the place then he could decide to work in Nigeria or stay in London.

A choice she had broadened with the fact that she would be moving back home, now that Islam doesn't fall sick anymore, because he is way past the critical stages of his development. Realizing he did not want to live alone in London had been why he took up the offer to come check out the hospital first before making a decision.

As they exited the airport, Bash had seen his father's driver at the edge of the parking lot, he had pointed out the car to Iman and both of them headed towards the car. Just then a girl waved frantically at them and yelled out their names. Iman had groaned frustratingly because he hated those interactions that is all hypocritical, where they would ask what you're doing with your life just to serve as a determinant of whether you're Peng and useful enough to be in their radar. The girl was wearing an Ankara gown, paired with a veil that matches the shade of the Ankara. The headtie was on her hand and half her silk hair was out in the open for the whole world to see. Iman wondered why on Earth she had refused to tie the headtie, and why she hadn't dropped it home if she wasn't going to tie it.

"Bashir Jumare and Iman Junaid. You guys are looking fresh as usual" she squeaked a bit too loudly, making Iman wonder why.

"Hey you! How have you been" Bash volunteered to be nice seeing Iman had simply nodded and had refused to say a word. Iman has always been introverted, so if she knows him she would not be bothered by his silence.

"You don't recognize me, do you?" She asked with a frown. Bash gave a nervous chuckle, hating that the situation is a step away from becoming awkward. Iman was not sorry at all, with the way he looked unbothered and bored, it's obvious he prefers to be far away from here as possible.

"Honestly, we don't. Who are you?" Iman blurted making Bash choke on his spit. He started having a coughing fit as he stared at his friend with his eyes wide as saucers.

"I am Tauhida Sarki. I am Tanzeel Matazu's friend. The three cuties" she described and Bash immediately recognized her. He beamed immediately as she beamed back at him. Iman was lost. What on Earth is the three cuties? Did they actually name their group three cuties? What a sad life! And she still uses it to describe herself. He hid a chuckle with a cough. "Are you back? Or Are you visiting?" She asked starting to search her purse for her phone.

"We are visiting" Bash stated immediately, not wanting Iman to open his mouth. He had that mischievous humourous glint on his face and he could easily burst into laughter because if the "three cuties" statement. She nodded eagerly, then shoved her phone towards Bash for his phone number. Bash dialled his number and she literally squealed in joy. When it rang, she gestured he passes the phone to Iman who almost rolled his eyes, but he typed his number too. After saving it, she clicked on the camera and asked them to join. Iman wanted to protest but a glare from Bash made him stand inline for the selfie.