Chapter 25

Good morning ❤️
And
Jum'at Mubaraq ❤️

Today is my BIRTHDAY 🙃
Say a prayer for me🥰

Iman watched Maryam in awe as she walked around the event center asking the guests what food they would prefer. Naturally, this is something the caterer had hired the servers for, but apparently some of the guests were being picky about what they wanted to eat. They would make the server take back food meant for them and ask for something entirely different.

Some woman had hit a server claiming the server had been rude to her. Now, the server had attempted to hit the older woman back but, thankfully she was restrained before she did. It was chaotic for a while, the woman felt so disrespected that she had left without waiting for Ya Tanzeel's groom's people. Maryam had taken it upon her to kindly go around asking the guests what they would like to eat since she was familiar with most of them.

They had numbered each table starting from the right, which turned out to be pretty effective because there was less complaints and Mama wasn't yelling anymore.

Iman watched her as she smiled and roamed around, writing down orders on a book like some expert waiter. He loved how she was diligently working with no care in the world. It took nothing from her to try make things go smoothly for her family. It's such a pity that they regard her with zero respect when she would do anything to shield them from shame.

"Stop staring at her, people are looking" Bash whispered making Iman chuckle. He ignored him and kept staring as she attended to the table before his. He wiped his sweaty hands on his clothes, thinking of how he would tease her when she comes to take his order, she smiled at him before going to relay the order for that table. Iman beamed at her retreating figure.

"What would you like to have, there's a variety of rice and two types of swallow......" He turned his attention to the voice only to see Zarah with a book too, he had been so busy staring at Maryam that he had not seen Zarah making the same effort too. Bash sat transfixed, he could not even reply even though she was staring straight into his eyes. Iman nicely told her what they would like to have seeing Bash had lost his sense of speech. Without sparing  another glance towards Bash, Zarah attempted to walk away. He caught her hand quickly, hoping he could set the record straight but she glared at him and snatched her hand away. Iman saw what happened so he squeezed his shoulder for moral support and Bash nodded in appreciation.

While Maryam was at their house today, an invite for the graduation party/Lefe of Tahir and Tanzeel. Iman had no intention of going because of the events of the morning, he knew Tanzeel would not want to see him at her party, not after the embarrassment he fed her and her best friend. But Bash persuaded him because he needed to find a way to get through to Zarah, who obviously has no intention of working things out with him. Hence, he agreed to tag along his mother and Bestfriend.

Iman had been seated on his bed with his hands clasped over his mouth as he listened to his friend relay how Zarah lost interest in him. When he had brought Maryam home, Bash had called him, sounding depressed. Iman had asked him to come over, and when Bash did, Iman excused himself leaving his mother and Maryam at the mercy of Islam who had talked both ladies to tiredness.

"Are you insane?" Iman whispered angrily, swatting Bash on the head with a little pillow. He could not believe what Bash just told him he had done. He could not believe he had  done such.

"I know my mistake now, and I have been apologizing for ever and she's refusing to take me back" Bash stated breathlessly making Iman groan loudly.