Chapter 31

Maryam stared at the buildings, through the window, resided at the passenger's side of the car, while Iman drove silently replaying the last events in his head.

Maryam on the other hand, was still bewildered by Noorie's behavior, and her mother's who had successfully topped the notch on her drama scale. She tried really hard to reminisce about their childhood, so she could outline how she had ever offended Noorie fro that immense amount of hatred she had showcased earlier.

She had assumed Noorie's vile behavior towards her would remain in their childhood, and may a few years of the adulthood. She had created excuses for Noorie, believing she's just an attention seeker who would turn the whole world down if things did not go her way. What she did not understand, is how Noorie had escalated a childish hatred to a full blown mortal enemy scale.

As far as Maryam could recall, she had always been the one suffering from Noorie's antics, she's never ever retaliated, or even attempted to beat the living daylights out of her. Infact, she's always looked the other way around. Yet, Noorie had encrypted an image where Maryam is the villain in her head and had used it to act.

"Why would anyone slit their wrist out of anger?" Maryam thought out loud, but before Iman could answer she continued. "I've mistakenly cut myself while slicing onions multiple times and I promise you, the food turns sour in my mouth every time. How does she just picks up any object and drive it through her skin like some maniac?" Maryam yelled the last part. She inhaled loudly, and turned to Iman for an answer.

He peeked a glance at her, she was waiting expectantly, for him to provide an answer for her questions. He smiled a little. He had no answers to her question, but coming outrightly to say it, would only frustrate her more. So he said,
"I believe your sister is suffering from a mental illness or the other. The doctors would definitely conclude that, help would be found for her very soon. Don't worry your little head about it"

Maryam sighed softly. That is the only explanation that actually works. Noorie is definitely suffering from one crazy illness or the other.

Meanwhile, at the hospital, Alhaji Matazu and his second wife sat in front of the doctor as he explained Noorie's diagnosis. Alhaji Matazu was more concerned about when Maryam's grandmother is planning on telling him what she had done with his real child, so he kept zoning in and out of the doctor's speech.

"So, you're calling my daughter a mad person" She had yelled out, startling Alhaji Matazu who was busy creating scenarios in his head about his missing child's whereabouts. He sighed softly knowing this conversation will definitely take a violent turn at this point.

"That's not what I am saying. You people knew she is fragile, yet you dropped a knife close to her. And it's so obvious, the guest from before riles her up, why did you leave her with her?" The doctor countered making Maryam's mother clap her hands mockingly, as she laughed.

"That person is her sister. We are not professionals like you, how on Earth did you expect us to know who her agitator is, even at that my daughter Noorie is not mad" she concluded with a huff. She resumed tapping her feet on the floor.

"Hajiya, your daughter is not completely mad, but she will be if you do not adhere to my rules and regulations. It's obvious you don't like me because I brought forth the truth about her real identity. But that is the bitter truth whether you accept it or not. That child is neither yours not your husband's. She shares a totally different DNA from you, and it's better you start asking questions. This girl is unstable, maybe try finding questions so you would know where you got her from. She will turn out dangerous if nothing is done...."

"I will not hear a word of this your nonsense. Excuse me" she had interjected. She banged the door loudly as she left. She found a spot by the doctor's office and started sobbing really hard. She picked up her phone, so she could call her mother.