Chapter 38

Hey Guys❤️
✓So, I just wanted to plead with you guys to leave reviews on Okadabooks.
✓Constructive criticism is actually accepted.
✓Just go ahead and pen down your thoughts on the book, as long as it would not hurt my feelings and you won't be disrespectful 💞
Thank you ❤️

Iman peered at Maryam, wondering how she's so calm in this situation. He had been close to loosing his mind when she texted him. He had left the house frantically, scaring his mother and brother who followed him asking questions as he ran around the house looking for his car keys he had left on the side drawer. His mother had called Maryam's mother, because he kept mumbling Maryam, as he ran around the house.

Whereas Ummi had remained in her room sulking, angry at everybody. As usual she was placing blames on everyone ignoring her mistakes. Nobody bothered to check up on her, not even her daughter Aliyah.

"How would I know where she is?" She had retorted when Iman's mother called.

"I assumed you would know, since you're her mother" Iman's mother seethed through gritted teeth. Mommy pouted like a child and shuffled around before maintaining her sitting position.

"Well, if you're so worried about her. She left with Zarah after Noorie took off. We cannot find Noorie. If at all something happens to Maryam, I am very sure the news would have gotten to me. Maybe they're just having a lovers quarrel" Mommy lamented, obviously bored.

Janan inhaled deeply, she hated how nonchalant her friend was about the whereabout of her first child.

"Iman left in a hurry and the only thing he kept saying was Maryam. I was worried because I feel like she's in danger" Janan explained slowly, hoping her friend would get what she is saying. This time around Mommy remained mute, she had nothing to tell her friend. "I pity you Ummi. Not because your inhumanity baffles me, but because a day will come when you will be deserted the same way you've deserted your daughter for a shabby reason that I find very hard to understand. The earlier you change your ways, the better for you"

With that Janan ended the called with a deep frown. She hissed softly, mumbling her discomfort with Ummi's behavior. She had pitied her when Noorie's case had become unbearable, but right now she couldn't even place her emotions. She dialled Iman's phone number but he was on another call. She prayed silently that the girl was okay. Her thoughts were interrupted when a knock came on the door.

Janan inhaled deeply, knowing she had a face she looked forward to seeing everyday. She plastered her best smiled before yanking the door open, only to come face to face with Junaid and his fiancé. Her smile disappeared, infact it turned sullen.

"Good evening Janan" he greeted with a smile. Janan mumbled a greeting still standing by the door. She hated how Junaid would barge into her home without a notification or something. He was always coming uninvited, and also harboring guests.

"Hey" the fiancé who Janan had forgotten her name whispered softly. Janan mumbled a reply to her too.

"Aren't you going to let us in" he asked. Then he started peeping to see if she had that young boy around. He had hoped to meet him,so he could put him in his place.

"Come in" she grumbled, shifting so they could pass. With one last wishful thought of both Junaid and his girlfriend's disappearance from her life, she closed her door to another tormenting night of feigned niceness.
***"