Chapter 34

😆💞
Saw all the love
Thank you 😂💝💞

Mommy had cried her eyes out and was refusing to talk to anyone about it. She hid in her room feigning sickness so she did not have to see anybody. The gravity of what she had seen that early morning had shaken her to her marrows. At first she did not want to believe what her eyes had witness and she had decided to call it a bad dream.

But, how could she ignore it? When she saw it vividly with both her eyes which are pretty functioning well.

Aliyah had come into her room prompting her to stand up.from.her bed so she could have some breakfast but she had refused, telling her daughter she had no appetite.

Noorie came in a little later and the sight of Aliyah on her mother's bed made her frown immediately. She hated the fact that Aliyah was over taking her in everything. She was supposed to be the one to come persuade their mother, why was Aliyah threading on paths that she should not thread on?

"Ya Noorie, come and talk to her. She doesn't want to listen to me" Aliyah had said with a smile and Noorie felt like slapping away that disgusting smile off her face forever, but instead she beamed at her sister and headed towards where her mother laid.

When Ummi could not take the pain of what she had seen, she knew it was time to tell someone. She would have called her mother but her mother and her aren't in talking terms and her mother could make matters worse.

When she ransacked her brain for a person, the perfect person came to her mind. She quickly dialled her number, and whispered the location and time. Only then did mommy have a little peace because she is sure a solution would be found soon.
***

It's a little past 4pm, meaning Janan was right on time. The outing was scheduled for 4:30, all she needed was to get the car started. She turned on the ignition, and as usual it's started off, only to turn itself off again. She inhaled deeply, trying not to loose it.

She did not want to believe the car chose today of all day to misbehave. She turned it on again, with high hopes that it would respect itself and her, but the same thing happened again. She remembered when her father had advised her against going for the car, but she had been  adamant, even after hearing a long speech about how the second option would have been better. The warning was suddenly going off loudly in her head just because the car chose today to misbehave. She shook her head in dismissal and then, proceeded to on it again, but it refused to start.

She groaned frustratingly, opened the car bonnet, before coming down to peak into it. As far as her knowledge for cars went, everything looked perfectly fine. She removed her shoe, and hammered onto the strong, promising parts of the bonnet, then she dropped the shoes, slid her legs in it and ran to the car, hoping the effect of the shoe would put some sense into the car.

She turned on the ignition, and it loudly mocked her into believing it was going to start, yet it switched itself off. She groaned loudly, fishing out her phone to book an uber. As she sat there dejectedly, Mubaraq mumbled a greeting to her, passing her to the bonnet. He had on a black jallabiya, looking all handsome as usual.

Apparently he had watch her run from the bonnet to the driver's side. It hadn't been his intention to watch her, besides after she had sent him away the other day, he's not gotten the opportunity to see her. She returned the basket when she was very sure he wouldn't be around. His mother had blamed him ofcourse and had even reported him to his daughter who is off to see her mother's family in Port Hacourt. He decided to help her when she started tapping her phone. He knew she wanted to get help.

Janan jumped out of the car to go see what part of the bonnet he would twitch to get it working again, because if he was walking straight to her bonnet, it was to definitely help her. She replied a greeting, and he grunted in response as he peered at the contents of the car bonnet with keen interest. He asked her to go start it, and she did. When it turned itself off like it has been doing. He started loosening a boxlike thing which she knows to be the car battery. He dropped it on the floor and then he turned to her.