Chapter 22: Sheriff's P.O.V.

I just finished my morning coffee and I decide that I should probably tell the boys that I'll be gone for 3 days so I get up from the table and turn around to the stairs.

 I turn immediately to the left to go to their room and the doors open I'm just inside the doorway leaning on the doorframe and knock on the open door to my right and they both say at the same time with Stuart not looking up from gathering his stuff for school but still say "What's up pops." 

I can't help but smile at that and reply "well I have to go to work, and I won't be home tonight, I actually won't be back for three days." When I finished speaking Stiles and Stuart share a look of a dropped jaw, wide eyes and some hint of hurt then at again the same time "What! What do you mean three days!" 

I retort "look I know it's a long time but I just thought you both should know and No I can't tell you anything" Stiles replies saying, "well if you need to be gone that long it must be serious." 

I just look at Stiles with a look of stern as well as making my face unreadable at the same time to try to tell him that he's right then I tell them with my face readable again "I'm just worried I've never been gone that long are you boys going to be okay." 

Stiles answers first " Dad seriously yeah I'll be fine I have both Scott and Stuart." I then look to Stuart, and he answers, "Yeah whatever." 

I then say "OK then, I love you both and Stuart try not to get into too much trouble while I'm gone, and I'll be back in three days, so this house better be in tip top shape and look the same as when I left. Love you, see you in three days." 

I turn to leave out the door and to the right down the stairs across the living room to the front door and grab my keys from the key bowl and open the door down the driveway and open the door to my police cruiser and get in to start the car and back out the driveway and head to the Beacon County Sheriff's Department.