[Season 5] Ep. 4 - Split-Up

Trapped in this metallic box soaring dozens of stories high, our group found themselves engulfed in a mix of confusion and dread, illuminated only by the stark red glow of the emergency lights.

- "What's happening? Why did we stop?" Ema's voice pierced the uneasy silence, her concern palpable.

- "No clue. The security system's kicked in. Something's up. I'll check it out," Kazuo's voice held an edge of urgency as he wasted no time, swiftly interfacing with the Tower's network through the elevator controls.

- "Big brother, what's happening? Is Dad okay?" Ryouji's anxiety was evident in his voice.

- "Um...I'm seeing armed waiters. They seem to have taken everyone hostage," Kazuo's words were laced with tension.

- "What?! That can't be! My parents wouldn't fall for something so basic!" Kenshin's disbelief was evident in his tone.

- "Hold on...looks like a window's been smashed... Let me pull up the camera feed... Oh God! It's Nemesis!" Kazuo's revelation sent a chill down our spines.

The mere mention of the group that had wreaked havoc on Ultra Bright's agency and unleashed the formidable Crystal to aid The Hunter was enough to freeze our blood.

- "It seems that two of them snatched my father's Quirk Resonator before making a daring escape through the window, likely aided by one of them who appears to be composed of electricity. I'm switching to the outdoor cameras... Hm... He's joined forces with a metallic accomplice and another figure. They've split up, and it sounds like the fastest one headed for the labs while the others ascended, possibly by telekinesis. Damn, they've even commandeered the security and robots!" Kazuo's words were laced with urgency.

- "They're likely using the robots to hold the island's population hostage, ensuring the heroes don't make a move," Katsuro analyzed after a moment of reflection.

- "Damn cowards!" Kenshin's frustration was palpable.

- "Easy there, Kenshin. It's not just your parents who are in danger; it's Mari's, Kazuo's, Ryouji's, and mine too. So let's keep our heads cool if we're going to come up with a plan to deal with this," Joichi urged.

- "Absolutely, my dear friend. Maintaining our composure is paramount, and comprehending our adversary's maneuvers is essential if we are to devise a strategy for their rescue," Kenichi declared, his demeanor poised and sophisticated.

As we conversed and Kazuo gradually returned to awareness following his extended connection, Ryouji's eyes began to gleam, intricate calculations flickering across his irises.

- "Ryouji, are you alright?" I inquired, concerned.

- "Hush, Ken! I need to concentrate," Ryouji responded tersely.

After moments of intense focus akin to a trance, Ryouji swiftly outlined his findings.

- "Listen up. Drawing from my brother's intel, I've pieced together their scheme and devised a counter-strategy. According to my calculations, Nemesis aims not only to snatch the Quirk Resonator but also to seize numerous inventions across the island with their rapid-response squad. They likely have commandeered the Tower's security and are awaiting extraction. With the island cut off and the heroes immobilized, we're the only ones who can act. We'll divide into two teams: one to reclaim the Tower and the other to assault the Labs," Ryouji explained.

- "Labs? Why? Shouldn't we focus on rescuing the heroes instead?" I questioned.

- "That won't be feasible. The heroes face a formidable force, and there's the risk of robotic attacks on the island's residents. Besides, knowing my father, he wouldn't have created just one iteration of a new invention," Ryouji replied with a hint of confidence.