[Season 1] Ep. 8 - The Trial Unfolds

From the confines of the infirmary, Masako, Kenshin, and I were glued to the large TV screen before us, receiving the tender ministrations of Healing Butler while awaiting the commencement of the next bout. Meanwhile, atop the building, Noriaki and Manami, tasked with playing the role of villains, huddled together, their eyes fixed on the ominous bomb nestled on the top floor, readying themselves for the imminent arrival of the heroes, Kazuo and Kenichi.

As Kenichi patiently awaited the signal at the building's base, he outlined his strategy to Kazuo with a sense of determination:

- "Let us maximize our strengths with precision, dear Kazuo. My quirk affords me the elegant capability to extend my nasal hair, transforming them into versatile appendages. And yours, Kazuo, bestows upon you the singular gift to reprogram any technological contrivance, does it not?" he posited, his voice laced with a hint of aristocratic refinement.

- "Y-yes, that's correct. My quirk lets me interface with and manipulate any technological gadget upon touch. To compensate for its limited range, I requested my suit be outfitted with extendable cables," Kazuo responded, his demeanor a blend of shyness and nervousness.

- "Marvelous. I've conceived a splendid plan. Come closer..." Kenichi whispered, divulging his stratagem in a subdued timbre, ensuring the recording cameras remained unaware of their machinations.

Meanwhile, on the opposing side, Noriaki and Manami were a hive of activity, their minds abuzz with ingenuity and audacity. With swift precision, Manami deployed five puppeteer wires around the door, poised to ensnare any who dared to enter. Simultaneously, she deftly connected another set of wires to Noriaki's joints, transforming him into a living marionette and enhancing his otherwise sluggish reaction time.

The toll of the trial's commencement bell spurred Kenichi and Kazuo into action. With a shared nod of understanding, Kenichi motioned for Kazuo to execute their plan. Kazuo's right arm transformed into a makeshift projectile, hurtling towards a corner of the corridor adorned with a surveillance camera and speaker. From his gloves emerged cables, deftly maneuvered to make contact with the targeted devices using his index and pinky finger. 

As Kazuo activated his quirk, the world opened up before him. Through the lens of the cameras and the speakers' resonance, he surveyed every nook and cranny of the building, vigilant for any lurking traps. Guiding Kenichi's progress with meticulous precision, he relayed instructions through the network of speakers, guiding his teammate through the labyrinthine corridors until he reached the chamber housing the bomb and their adversaries.

With Kazuo's vigilant eyes serving as their unseen guide, Kenichi stood poised for action, awaiting his partner's return before initiating their assault. A silent warning passed between them, signaling the treacherous nature of the door ahead. Undeterred, Kenichi signaled his resolve to forge ahead alone. Suddenly, the room reverberated with Kazuo's manipulated voice, the speakers screeching under the influence of his quirk. In a stunning display of power, Kenichi's mighty mustache propelled the door aside, crashing into the room like a battering ram, leaving him to face their foes alone. 

Reacting with lightning speed, Manami seized the opportunity, sending her "puppet" Noriaki hurtling toward Kenichi with outstretched arms, poised to activate his quirk on the unsuspecting hero or his formidable mustache. 

However, Kenichi proved equally swift, leveraging the strength of his bushy mustache to propel himself skyward, evading Noriaki's grasp and leaving Kazuo vulnerable to the oncoming assault. With no time to defend himself, Kazuo found himself ensnared by Noriaki's grasp, slowing his movements just enough to leave him exposed to the incoming threat. 

Manami, evidently missing her mark with Kenichi, hadn't played her final card yet. Utilizing the wires still tethered to the door, she hurled it towards Kenichi to distract him while launching Noriaki once more into the fray.