23

Orion King

Orion King

"I'm sure you're familiar with Russian roulette." I speak, eyeing the man that sits tied down to a chair in front of me. A man who works for her. The woman who killed my father. The woman who I'm determined to find, and torture before killing her. After I deal with Ilya, I can focus on inflicting pain on her, all of mine. Petrova.

"Five empty chambers. One bullet." I hold the gun up to my head, "Are you going to tell me where she is, or do you choose to play with me?" I never lose.

He sits still, quiet. "Very well then," I pull the trigger at my own head. I'm not surprised when nothing comes out. "I guess this means your turn," I turn the gun on him, and wait for a reaction.

This is what I love. The thrill of killing, and making people fear me. I love it, but now I can't. Not when she's watching me. She shouldn't be here.

I pull the trigger, and watch as he exhales once he realizes it landed on an empty chamber. "My turn," I turn the gun on myself again, and pull the trigger.

Death never scared me. I used to find comfort in knowing that one day I'd be gone. Maybe when I am, then everyone else can live. If I was, she could live. I wonder where she would've been if her father hadn't died, or if her mother had lived. Ruth.

Our game goes on for minutes. There's only two chambers left now. One with the bullet, and the empty one. "My turn," I put the gun to my head for the last time, and take a look at Ruth. She looks calm, collect, but I know she's scared shitless.

I pull the trigger, but the bullet doesn't come.

The man's eyes widen with the realization that he's going to die. "I can't tell you much. I've never seen her. I've worked for her for years, but she only gives us instructions on burners. I'm not lying, and I don't know where she is," I can tell he's being truthful. Petrova always did like my reputation of being a ghost, so much so that she's now starting to imitate me. But there's only one true ghost alive.

"I understand," I nod, "But it's your turn."

I take another look at Ruth. She's so beautiful in her little dress. She deserves another date, one where I won't have to leave midway. I owe her that much. "Luckily, I'm in a fucking good mood."

"I won't shoot you. You'll stay right here tied to the chair. If you end up finding a way to escape, then great. If not, then you'll starve, and die all by yourself," I know there's no way he'll be able to get out. This room locks automatically as the door closes, and my warehouse is heavily guarded.