48

Ruth Foster

Ruth Foster

"You're so brutal," I whine to her.

Orion only laughs at me, she's enjoying this. "My tattoo for you, wasn't even this bad," I continue to complain, "I love it, I do, but you had me marked."

"Want to show the world that you're mine," Orion smiles, "Relax, beautiful. It's barely noticeable."

She's right. It's as small as the one I had her get, but still, this is her name, on my skin. "I feel like a pimp," I rub my hand on the tattoo slightly, it hurts, but I don't mind it as much as I did before.

"Don't call yourself that," Orion replies seriously, "I had you get my name on you because I want that, to be a reminder of my love. I love you so much that I'd give you the pleasure of having my name on you at all times," I can sense her wanting to laugh at me, mainly because this is her way of joking. Orion has a horrible sense of humor, but I love her, so I manage to let out a chuckle at her funny attempt.

I roll my eyes playfully, and nudge her arm. "Ass."

Orion groans, and holds her arm in pain. "Fuck."

"What?" I raise an eyebrow, "I'm not that strong."

"You're not strong at all, smart one." Orion rolls up the sleeve of the arm I nudged, revealing a new tattoo, one she didn't get when I was with her.

"Ry," I freeze as I look at it. I have her name tatted on me, and she got mine. Why? And why didn't she tell me this before? "You're supposed to put that cream shit on it," I tell her, "And you're supposed to keep me aware on shit like this, you know?"

"I would've, but I listened to you whine about my name being on you for days. I didn't want to scare you by getting yours on me," Orion groans again, still holding her arm. "Forgive me? My love."

"I guess this means we own each other," I smile.

"Forever, and always," Orion replies, smiling back at me. It seems like I fall deeper in love with her by each passing day, almost as if time is stopping, specifically for us. The world stops moving when I'm in her arms, or just near her. I can't function.

"Are you going to stop delaying the inevitable?"

I raise an eyebrow at her, "What?"

Orion's eyes fall to my mother's journal, the new one, the one I never read. "You have to read it."

I shake my head at her, "No, I don't."