27

Orion King

Orion King

I let too much slip the last time I was with Ruth, and as much as I like her, I can't let it happen again. Despite her becoming my wife in the upcoming weeks, this life isn't for her. This is the same woman who worked at a fucking coffee shop.

She doesn't have a dangerous bone in her body, and putting her through the pain of listening to my trauma, isn't what I want for her. I want better.

Better for her, and Us.

Because of the wedding coming up, I've been seeing less of her. She's always either out to do more dress fittings to make sure she looks perfect on the day, or out spending time listening to Atticus talk. I don't know who died, and made him some marriage planer, but he seems to be into this, or maybe he just likes to control everyone. I'm not sure, but I'm ready to shoot him for taking Ruth away from me.

By the time Ruth is done, I'm either always pulled into meetings, or gone. I miss her. Every inch. I haven't seen her for a long time, ever since we talked in the alley. I wonder what she thinks of me.

All my life, I've never cared about what anybody thought of me, except my father. Even while no one knew of my identity, I never cared about what they whispered in the shadows, what they assumed.

I never did, but now I care about what a cheeky blonde haired, book loving, pink plump lips having, vegetarian girl thinks about me. The claim this woman has on me, is unlike any other. I like it.

"Are you listening?" Adonis nudges my arm.

I roll my eyes at him, "Clearly not. Repeat it."

"I said I screwed up," Adonis shrugs, "I know you told me not to, and I told myself I wouldn't, but I screwed up. I want you to not kill me after I tell you what I did, okay? Promise me you won't."

"I don't make promises I can't keep," I reply, "But since you're blood, I promise I won't kill you."

Blood runs thicker than water. There's not a thing I wouldn't do for any one of my brothers, and it's not only because of love, but respect. Loyalty.

"I screwed her."

I raise an eyebrow, "Screwed who?"

"You know who," And sadly, I do.

I raise my hand, smacking the side of his head. "I have you two orders. Not to fuck her, and not to let her go under any circumstances. You're telling me that your penis, just happened to fall in her?"