40

Orion King

Orion King

He's different than I imagined, but it'll do. "Marko," I shake his hand, showing him my sign of respect, "It's a pleasure to finally meet." After dealing with his wife, Amanda, for what felt like decades, I'm finally meeting with the true boss.

"King," Marko Luciano grins, "Don't flatter me. In all honesty, the pleasure is all mine. And You."

His eyes find Ruth, who's standing right besides me. I know that in her head she wants to disappear, and would rather be anywhere than here. So do I, but this is something that I must do. "Pleasure," Ruth holds out her hand for him, which he shakes.

Three hours into the meeting, and I'm bored.

This happens on a daily occurrence when I find myself listening to people rambling on about important matters, matters that I should be concerned about, but am not. In all honesty, I don't have much care for what Ilya does. If he wants to try to kill me, I say bring it. What I do care about however, is Ruth. I can't have her harmed.

"Do we have anything on Creed?" I question.

"We're still working on that."

I scoff, "Work faster. I would've gotten all the information already, if your wife hadn't said that you'd handle it. I expect it to be done by today."

"Yes," He nods, "I assume you want to still raid his club event that's happening? I can handle that."

I shake my head at him, "Don't. My wife will."

Ruth's eyes widen at me in shock. As much as I hate the idea of letting her go in there alone, I trust her, and know that she trusts me. "All set?" I raise an eyebrow at Marko who also seemingly looks shocked as well, "I asked you a question," I scoff.

His head nods, "All set."

On the drive home, I can sense her wanting to speak, ask me about why I changed my mind, but instead she sits still, quiet. "Let it out," I tell her, hiding a smile, "I know you want to ask, so ask."

"You're letting me go," She says, "Why? You can't wait to get rid of me already?" I can only roll my eyes at her comment, it amazes me how wrong she is, and yet she'll go through it all, just to feel right.

"You're not in need of my saving," I respond back to her, gently placing my hand on hers. "You can handle yourself quite well. I know what you did."

Her eyebrow raises, "What did I do?"

"I know you went to talk to Elle, Ruth." I tell her honestly. I can't believe she'd expect me to have a warehouse filled with my business, and not have cameras lying around. "I'm not upset at you."