44

Ruth Foster

Ruth Foster

Angus's club is far smaller than Orion's, but the level of loud music, is the same. I'm convinced I've already popped an eardrum, and I've only been here for half an hour. I also could've handled this alone, but no. Orion didn't want me to come alone in here unprotected, and so she sent me a guardian.

Amanda laughs out loud as she continues to chug on her drink, "It's wonderful, isn't it? Doesn't it feel wonderful to be loved? Doesn't it, Ruth?" Her eyes fill up with tears as she drinks recklessly.

Now that I think about it, I definitely would've been much safer coming here alone. "Focus, Amanda. This isn't the time, nor the place for this."

"I'm pregnant."

I can feel my eyes widen at the news. She's pregnant. I'm a hundred percent sure that drinking while pregnant is a bad thing to do, and I'm pretty sure she knows this as well, hence her trying to get drunk. I don't understand. "Does Marko know?"

Amanda takes a sip, "No. If my plan works, then there'll be nothing for him to know. My husband always said that he didn't want any children."

I always told myself that I was lucky for never having to deal with these issues. I never wanted children, and being in love with Orion just makes me realize, that bringing children into this world, isn't something I want to do. Children require energy, motherly love, and I'm incapable of both.

From what I hear, Marko lives and breathes for her. "This is something you should discuss with him. Don't do something you'll regret." I tell her.

My eyes scan the club, attempting to locate Angus. I have no idea what he looks like, only the vague description Orion gave me before I left. "He's tall, cocky looking, and has a punchable face." Is all that she said, and told me that she's never seen his face either, and only her brothers have seen him.

Since he has no clue what I look like, and knows both Atticus and Adonis, I was the best option.

Amanda's just here. I'm not even sure what her business with Angus is, or if he's aware of us both being here, but getting inside the club was a piece of cake. All girls get in for free, "He's a whore." I remember Orion telling me that before leaving.

My eyes finally land on a tall man, dark hair, light eyes, punchable face. He's in the middle of the dance floor, one girl on his left, and one girl on his right. Yup, whore. "I spotted Angus, what do I do next?" I turn to ask Amanda, but she's gone.

As I stand and think of next steps, my mind can't help but think back to Orion. I bet she's worried about me, and the thought warms my heart. She loves me, and I love her. I'm in love with her.