49

Orion King

Orion King

I hate lying to Ruth. The one place I wanna be is in her arms right now, cuddled up, and looking into her beautiful eyes, but I can't. The one true gift I can ever give her is me. No killings in the way of our life, no leaving her for business meetings, no pain. I know to live peacefully with her, that I have to leave this all behind, every little thing that I fought hard to obtain, and honestly, giving it up is worth it, because she's worth it all. I'm hopelessly in love with her, and I want to be in love without feeling like I'm slowly losing her in the process.

All I want is her. The power I have being jefe doesn't quite compare to the thrill I get whenever we're in bed together, or when her hands are tangled up in my hair. I'm utterly whipped, As Adonis says. Everything about Ruth excites me.

And our future, a real future with her, only makes me more impatient. I want out now, and I want to move away with her, go someplace only we know.

"How's it looking?" I question Creed.

He responds, "The meeting is set for Saturday." Three days from today, "He'll be there. Are you sure you're ready to do this soon? Can't we at-least wait a week? I can get you and your people armed."

"Me and Atticus will be fine," I tell him, "It's a two man job, and I trust him more than anything to help me carry it out alone. Ruth will not be present, and she will not be informed of the meeting time."

The last thing I need is her getting harmed. Just one more meeting, I keep thinking to myself. Just one more, then we can go wherever she likes.

Just three more days, then I'm all hers.

In the meantime, this is all we have, short time, not enough dates, or nights in, but I'll take whatever time with her that I can get. As long as she's besides me, in my arms, or within my eyesight, I'm fine. It was never supposed to be this way. But it is.

I was never supposed to fall in love with her, never supposed to even think about love, but now all I can think about is much I want to spend the rest of my life loving her, caring for her, and fucking her.

It's been three hours since I've been home, and since then, all I've done is lay with her, hold her tight, in fear that any second I'll have to pull away.

I plant a kiss on her lips, "You're beautiful."

"And you are," She kisses me back, "Whipped."

I chuckle at her, "Damn right, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Don't act like you don't like this."

"I do like it, I like it a lot." She chuckles back.