45

Orion King

Orion King

This is a bigger problem than I thought it would be. A child being born in a family which I'm doing business with, isn't something that should happen. Ever. Children are fragile, innocent, and Marko Luciano, is anything but innocent. He doesn't even want a child in the first place.

"Here," I hand her an envelope which holds a check for two million dollars inside, "Take it, and go."

"I love him," Amanda responds back, eyeing the envelope, "I know what you all think of me. I saw it in your eyes the first time we met, Orion. You think that I'm with him for money, power, and maybe at first that was true, but not now. I won't take it."

"This is far bigger than love, Amanda. This is a life we're talking about, a child's life. You know that your child won't be safe if you stay," I tell her honestly, "I don't think you want to find out how unsafe this world truly is. Marko doesn't need this."

"He loves me too," Amanda replies.

I shrug slightly, "He doesn't need a child."

"He needs his wife."

I nod, "Yes, his wife. Not a child."

"I'm starting to think that telling your wife that I was pregnant, was a bad fucking idea. Tell me, what would you do if this was Ruth and not me?"

The thought of that has never crossed my mind. Why would it? Ruth and I are together, I love her, she loves me. It's impossible for me to impregnate her, so I don't see what Amanda's getting at. She and I both know that this is a mistake. A child would only hurt their family, and our alliance.

"I thought you didn't want to keep it," I say.

She nods, "I didn't, not until I was sober. I realized that I do love Marko, and we can make this work."

"You say you love your husband," I clear my throat, and take the envelope back. "If you have this child, I will make it my mission to fucking ruin your husband's life. Do you know how many people want to align themselves to me? Trust me, Marko isn't special. Everyone's replaceable, including him."

I set the envelope down once more, letting her know that this is her one, and only chance to consider the out that I'm giving her, "Take the money, leave. I can make sure that you disappear, then you can have your child, raise it however you see fit, but you do it away from here. If you even think of coming back, I won't hesitate to kill you."

"And Marko? This will break him."

I shrug, "It'll make him ruthless, which I need."