36

Ruth Parker

Ruth Parker

I've always been quite transparent about the way people make me feel, which is why I don't have friends. Never needed them. I focused too much on work, and Emily, to make any. Even before Orion, I didn't go out much unless Emily forced me to, or unless I forced myself. I hate people, they scare me.

"And you must be Mrs. King," Her hand extends, and I connect it to mine, "It's a pleasure to meet."

"Mrs.Luciano, I've heard so much about you," A truth. Orion wouldn't stop talking in the car about how she can't stand her. "It's my pleasure as well."

Throughout the meeting, it's hard to hide my smile. I can't help but think of the car ride here, and how Orion wouldn't stop complaining. Even now, she looks bored at everything Amanda is saying.

"She's useless," Orion said.

"You think everyone's useless," I countered.

Orion nodded, "Yeah, but not you."

Their words move by me slowly as I stay seated in the chair, and observe. I don't know what's happening, and I can't even pretend to comprehend all that they're saying, especially when it seems as if they're communicating in another language. They're not, but it seems that way.

Orion still looks bored.

"And if we go through with it?" Orion finally questions, her eyes widening in sudden interest.

Amanda replies, "Then Ilya won't be an issue."

"And Petrova?" Another question from her.

"We'll handle it when we handle it," Amanda responds back, "I heard she's having Creed smuggle drugs for her. So I know she's disturbing."

"Translexydin," Orion nods, "I've heard. She's making her own product, which is killing people."

"Our issue isn't the fact that she's killing. Marko has no care in who she kills, and I'm certain you don't care either. Your motivation to kill her, is based on the fact that she killed your father."

Amanda takes a brief pause, "My motivation to kill her, is based on my loyalty to you, jefe."

Orion nods, "And I wouldn't have it any other way. Respect plays a crucial role in the way things work with me, and my family. I respect you, Amanda." I know her words are true. you don't have to fully like someone in order to respect them. It's fair.