Sock Opera-Part Five

During the whole ride towards the theatre, Bill felt a sudden suspicion.

Granted, he always felt that way, but it was different this time. This particular feeling was directed at Red Pine. An unsettling aura seemed to cling to him, not to mention, Bill recalled when earlier, Gompers was trying to prevent Will from sitting beside him, like Red Pine was a threat. Bill knew too well that when that can-chewing Cthulhu was nervous, things were bound to go wrong.

And when they arrived at the theatre and got themselves ready, the feeling didn't go away. Bill was standing backstage with the others, already fitted in his reverend costume. It was just as uncomfortable as he expected, hot and stuffy. Across from him, Red Pine was having a conversation with Will, wearing an outfit identical to Bill's. The blond paid a particularly close eye on them. Dipper had a smile on, and if that wasn't unnatural enough, the smile was wide, showing off his teeth. Bill had an incredibly bad feeling now. When Red Pine finally walked off, and Bill quickly made his way towards his brother.

"Do think something's off about Red Pine?" Bill asked.

Will turned him, face lit with confusion. "Uh, what?"

"He's acting weird," Bill said. "He keeps smiling a lot, and speaking strangely."

"I didn't find it that strange," Will responded.

"Will, just earlier in the truck, he asked you if you wanted to know the exact time and date of your death."

"That's the least strange thing someone told me," The blue haired boy said. "Also, at least he was polite about it and asked first, you would've told me right away."

"True, but that's not the point!" Bill shot back. "Don't you see, that Red Pine isn't exactly acting like himself?"

Will was silent for a moment, looking like he was thinking to himself. "You might be right," He considered, frowning. "He does seem kinda off."

"Good, now that we're at an agreement, let's ambush that imposter and interrogate him," Bill said, about to head in the same direction Dipper went.

Will grabbed him by the forearm, stopping him. "Woah, woah, calm down. We can't just ambush him with little proof."

"I have a gut feeling, that's all the proof you need," Bill insisted, pulling arm away.

"We're not interrogating our friend, because you intestines told you to!" Will snapped. "We need to lay low and keep an eye on him, maybe you're overreacting a bit, and there's nothing wrong."

Bill bit back a protest. "Fine. But for now, I need that journal back."

Will sighed. "Dipper probably has it by now, after all, he's playing the reverend."

The blonde groaned. "Why did I let you bribe me into lending it to you?"

"Honestly, I didn't want to trade in those hamster shaped cakes I got from the bakery," Will said. "I was really looking forward to those."

"All I wanted, was to carry them to the pet store, and eat them in front of children," Bill grumbled. "Now, it's gonna cost us big time!"

"It's okay, we can still get it back," His brother reassured. "I'm on wardrobe, I'll just slip into Dipper's dressing room and say that his outfit needs adjusting. While I'm there, I can just grab the book while he is not noticing, since you're convinced that he's some kind of impostor."

Bill thought to himself long and hard, before saying. "Alright, but be careful."

"I'm always careful...most of the time," Will said, before walking off.