Not What He Seems-Part Two

Moments passed, before Mason and Will made it back to the mystery Mystery Shack, currently hiding out of sight from the agents, who surrounded the place. The two knelt behind a bush, observing the area.

"Let's climb through the window," Will said, pointing to the shack's back window.

Mason nodded in return, and the two silently began to sneak towards it. During this, two agents were looking at the face-shaped rock exhibit.

"So is it a rock, or is it a face?" One agent asked.

"I think, it's... a metaphor," The other agent replied.

As they pondered, Will and Mason quickly crawled through the window and fell haphazardly inside the shack. They then dashed down the stairs, avoiding detection from the agents inside the Shack, and headed into the surveillance room, and locked the door behind them.

"Alright," Will started. "Let's check those surveillance tapes." 

They both rummaged around the room for a bit, looking through the bookshelf and in the filing cabinets. Soon, Mason called out to Will and gestured towards a old timey TV monitor and tape player, which had previously been stashed away behind a few boxes.

Will read the side of the tape that had poked out of the player. "It's this week, this is it!" He pushed it in.

There was momentary static, before the tape showed the interior of the Mystery Shack. Things were normal, such as customers walking around. Will fast forwarded a tape a bit, and it now showed the shack empty in the night. Will was about to fast forward again, when he caught sight of a familiar creature walking out of the shack. His heart ached when he saw Gompers on camera, before the goat somehow pushed the door open before going out into the night. This was the night Gompers had vanished. Why would he go out that late? And Will could have sworn that door had been locked. It was always locked, so how—

"Is that your lost pet?" Mason asked, giving him a sympathetic look.

Will gulped down hard, and simply nodded, not wanting to discuss it. He fast forwarded the tape again, and to his relief, there he saw it; Bill stacking a variety of items and trinkets on shelves.

"Ha! There it is!" He exclaimed, smiling at Mason. "Bill restocking like he said! And the date shows it was last night! It's proof! He's innocent!"

"Are you sure about that?" Mason asked.

Will regarded him in confusion, then Mason pointed at the screen. Will turned to see footage of Bill sneaking out of the shop around 7PM. Curious, Will fast forwarded through the tape till 8PM, then his heart dropped when seeing Bill had not returned to the shop.

"Oh no," He murmured, under his breath.

Will felt frozen in place, unable to move. Seeing him in this state, Mason fast forwarded the tape for him. At 5AM, a figure in a haz-mat suit is wheeling barrels of radioactive waste into the gift shop. Will and Mason gasped in shock and horror.

Mason turned slowly to Will. "Are you—"

"I'm fine," Will insisted, his voice shaking. "T-this doesn't prove anything, that could be anyone in that suit!"

On the tape, the figure accidentally dropped a barrel onto his foot. "Gah! Sweet cheese and crackers!" He rubbed his foot, then paused. "Wait, I'm alone, I can swear for reals...SON OF A—"

Will quickly turned off the tape. "Alright, it's him," He sighed, then frantically said. "That doesn't mean he's leading a nefarious double life!"

"Who's living a nefarious double life?"