Red Candidate-Part One

(I struggled to figure out how to write this chapter, but here it is)
—————————————————————————

"I can't believe you got bested by a goat," Jill said.

Kill was sitting on a stool, with a grumpy expression. "For the last time, it didn't best me, there was an earthquake, and then suddenly it was gone!"

Jill rolled her eyes. "Whatever, it's not like that goat was magical in the first place. Instead of focusing on farm animals, we need to focus on more important tasks."

"Like what, exactly?" Kill asked.

"Finding another way to get to Bill without them noticing," she smiled. "I suggest targeting the one of his little friends."

"Like Dipper and Mabel? You know we're not at full strength to fight them yet."

"I was thinking of someone else," Jill explained. "I've been inspecting our brother's friend circle for a while now, and I may have found the perfect subject. Someone who is close to Will and Bill, someone who is powerful...yet not as powerful as the Pines."

Kill arched a brow. "And who might that be?"

Jill smirked.

❇️❇️❇️

"Hey, it's me!" Wendy exclaimed, once again climbing through the shack's kitchen window.

The redhead made a landing on the floor, grinning at the Cipher brothers, as they ate their breakfast.

"Hey, Wendy," Will greeted.

"What's up, Red," Bill said. "Here to grace us with your plans to use us as bait for a swamp troll?"

"Don't be ridiculous," Wendy said. "Swamp trolls hate the taste of humans. I just wanted to know if you guys wanted to hang out? With all the crazy stuff that's been happening lately, you know with Ford coming back and your goat turning into your older brother, I'd thought we'd go out, party with my crew like old times."

Will and Bill exchanged looks, before Will cleared his throat. "We'd love to, Wendy...but we already promised Tad we'd attend his lessons."

Wendy blinked. "Tad? Lessons?"

"Magic lessons, to be exact," Bill clarified. "He said he wanted to teach us more about our powers and how to better control them—"

"—not to mention, a fun trivia game at the end," Tad added, walking into the kitchen. "If they answer all the questions correctly, they receive a delicious phone book in return."

"Learn to eat normal food," Bill deadpanned.

"Um, okay," Wendy said, awkwardly. "I'll come when you're not busy, maybe next week—"

"That's not gonna be possible," Tad interrupted. "My brothers have a lot of work to do, and have no time for distractions."

"Are you serious?" Wendy said. "But when do they get to have fun?"

"Kill and Jill are still on the hunt, having fun is the least of your concerns, Miss Corduroy," Tad said, sternly. "Ford dismantled the portal, but that doesn't guarantee that we are not open to otherworldly threats."

"He has a point, Wendy," Will said, then gazed down at his hands. "Also, I've haven't used my healing powers all that much, I could do for some lessons."

"What about you, Bill?" Wendy asked.

Bill shrugged. "Look, I detest homework as much as the next guy, but Tad promised me to teach me more spells besides shooting fireballs. It might help us in the long run."