Sock Opera-Final

They were half through the performance, and Mabel was feeling pretty confident. She noticed that Gabe looked impressed so far, and she couldn't be anymore happier.

They were at an intervention before Act Three, and at this time, Mabel was humming to herself while making her way towards Dipper's dressing room. Once she made it to her destination, she knocked on the door.

"Hey, bro-bro! Get ready, your part is almost on," She said, loud enough so he could hear through the door.

No reply.

Mabel arched an eyebrow. "Dipper?"

Still no response, just dead silence.

Concerned, Mabel reached out and tugged on the door handle. As she did, the door easily swung open. She peered inside the room, and saw that her brother was nowhere in sight.

Maybe, he went to the bathroom, Mabel assumed.

She was about to walk away, when she was face to face with a floating sock puppet that looked a lot like Dipper.

"Mabel," It spoke.

Instantly, Mabel screamed and recoiled back into the room. "AH! It's alive! The Puppets For Dummies book never warned me about this!"

"Mabel, it's me, Dipper!" The sock puppet shouted.

"W-what!? Dipper?" Mabel questioned, flabbergasted. "Why..why are you a sock?"

In a brief summary, Dipper explained everything that happened up to this point. When he finished, Mabel had a horrified look on her face.

"Dipper, you made a deal with Kill," Mabel said, in disbelief. "Why would you do that? You know how he is!"

"I know," Dipper replied, shamefully. "He offered me something I couldn't refuse...and I messed up."

Mabel frowned at him, and sighed. "Well, it's no use crying over spilled milk, what's happening now?"

"Uh...Bill went after him," Dipper said, rather hesitantly.

"You think he can handle Kill alone?"

"Well, he isn't alone, let's just say he has a little help," He said, vaguely. "But, it's kinda complicated to explain."

"Okay, then what do we do?" Mabel asked.

"They're trying to rip each other apart by now, while they're busy, you need to snatch the journal. That's what Kill is after."

"Alright, but I can't go in alone," Mabel insisted. "I need backup if things backfire."

"I can't do anything while I'm a sock, Mabel!

"There has to be some way—!"

She was interrupted, when rummaging could be heard from the nearby closet. Both of them regarded it with cautious glances, before Mabel slowly approached it. She planted a hand on the handle, and very slowly opened it. A form immediately tumbled out, and it was revealed to be Will! His arms and legs were tied together by cabel wires, and a strip of duct tape covered his mouth. He looked up at her with panicked eyes, and gestured his tied hands to the duct tape. Mabel immediately reached out, and tore the tape off, allowing Will to take deep breaths.

"Thank goodness, you found me!" Will breathed, in relief. Then, his gaze landed on Dipper. "Why is there a floating sock in the room?"

"It's long story," Mabel explained. "You see, Kill stole Dipper's body, and in order for Dipper to communicate with anybody, he had to have a vessel to possess, which is why he's a puppet now. Huh, I guess it wasn't that long."