chapter 15

Zoya's POV

"It's so nice to meet you baby girl. I'm sorry  Delma couldn't make.it tonight  sh head somewhere to be" said Dillans mom looking at me smiling sweetly. "It's okay don't worry." I said returning her smile.

"I'll leave you to bond while I get the drinks " said mom but I stopped her. "Mom , it's okay. I'll get them for you" I said but she stopped.me.this time.

"Today is your day." She said and walked away. "My day?" I muttered feeling confused.

"What do you like to do?" Asked Dillans mom. "Well I like books. Fictional , no pictures involved. And like sports badminton  , basketball , hockey and  ice-skating." I told her while she looked at the pictures. She hummed and kept on staring at the wall.

"What part of killing do you like." She said in a low deadly voice. "Excuse me?" I asked not feeling all to good about myself. "Stop acting dumb. We're  all in the Mafia. And some of us are Mafia wives. Killing is something that's supposed to be natural. So tell me which part of killing do you like" she asked this time looking deadly into my eyes but I knew better I broke the starring.

"I don't think that's something I'd like talking about not even to my favourite person." I said  looking at her. She chuckled at looked at me again. "You're pathetic." She said causing my eyes to widen. "First  you got rid of Clara the perfect  feminine  for the our Familia. And when I ask you 1+1 in our language. You'd rather not say?" She said and started laughing.

Mom walked in with the drinks. "Oh Melissa your baby girl is  impressive I like her." She said putting her hand on my shoulder. When she pulled back she scratched the bare part of my back and I could feel blood oozing out. I bit my lip trying hard not to react.

"Oh goodness , baby doll what happened?" Asked mom as she noticed the blood. "Are you okay. You're bleeding let's get you cleaned up." She said and before we could go anywhere Jason's mother stopped us again.

"Oh dear Melissa you just join Patrick. I'll be there with her soon" she said. Now she was the one taking me to my room.

After she cleaned up my wound she which she caused. I went to my closet and changed into a navy blue dress that  was just as long at my previous skirt and it hid my bandage.

Walking out of the closet I found her sitting on one of the couches cross legged.

"You see darling in my world noone else is the queen. It's always me. Now that you're a potential queen I'll make sure to weaken you from the inside out." She said and stood.

Walking up to me. "I'm gonna make you beg for mercy. I'm.gonna make you beg for death. And worst  of all I'm gonna make you wish you were never ever born" she said looking at me deeply.

I just  nodded at her and walked out of the room. If I continued listening to her I was going to do something I'd always regret for the rest of my life.

I got downstairs and found Archie with a drink in his hand. "Archie what's this dinner about?" And he chocked on his drink. He started coughing and I gave him a glass of water. After regaining himself he knew it was now time to answer my question.

"What do.you mean what's this dinner about? It's just two families enjoying dinner together" he said and got back to his drink. "I doubt that" I said and walked away.

"Dad" I said as I found him on the balcony. It took him a while to regain himself and turned to me. His eyes were a bit watery or because he had been starring and thinking deeply  I don't know.

"Yes princepessa, come join me" he said stretching out his hand to me..I put mine in his and walked towards him on the balcony.

"How are you" he asked and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "I'm ....curious" I said looking up to him. "Curious about what in particular" he asked looking at ne smiling.

"This dinner. You plan dinners two weeks before the event. This one us just so different. Dad what's with this dinner?" I asked looking at him hoping to get an answer.

"Just know what we're doing is for your own good. Okay" he said as he pulled me closer because  it was a bit chilly and kissed the side of my head. "It all for your safety amor" he whispered.

I just nodded resting my head on his shoulder. Suddenly that giddy feeling from earlier  came back.

"Dad I...I..  feel light headed" insaid holding on to him tight. "Princess what's wrong? I could hear dad's worried.voice but nomatter how much I tried to speak I couldn't it like this wave wasn't allowing me to.do.anything but listen to exactly what it wanted.

Patrick's POV

My princess was about to get married of. I know it was for her own protection. She'd  never agree on living home even of her life was in danger. What hurt the most was she didn't even know what this dinner was about.

After she asked me about the dinner I couldn't bring myself to tell her. I felt how cold she was getting so  I pulled her close to my warmth just like old times. Every memory I was now spending with her had to be extra special.

"Dad....I.. I feel light headed" she said holidaying on tightly to me. "Princess what's wrong" I asked as my heart started racing.

She was now loosing he grip on my eyes. Her eyes were slowly closing. She just started  shaking. "Alex!"

I yelled as I placed her on the couch

"Alex , Melissa , Archie" I called out.

I was trying to figure out what was wrong with her. "Dad what's wron-" he didn't finish he's sentence as he saw Zoya in the couch and me tending to her.

"Ill call the hospital" said Alex. Anderson was now  trying to make her stop shaking but I wasn't working. He rushed inside and came back this time with an injection.

He injected the fluid in her and a few moments later she stopped shaking. "She need the hospital. I need to check  on  her there. She might  have had an attack. " he said.

"Oh my goodness  what is wrong with her" Naomi Dillan's  mother asked holding on to.her husband.

Everyone just ignored her because we knew how dramatic and attention seeking  she was.

The ambulance got there and took Anna with them with us following behind in out cars.

"God damn it" I said as I hit the steering. Melissa but her hand in mine and looked at me. "You need to stay calm for everyone's sake. And especially  for your own sake." She said. I nodded and she smiled. She was about to pull away when I held her hand tighter. "Don't deprive me of this." I said kissing the back of her hand. "It's one of the most  important pill that I need when calming down." She just smiled and returned the kiss too.

"I just hope she's okay." I said to her. "She will be okay. We're all here with here aren't we?" Said Melissa  I nodded as I parked my car into the parking lot.

"Please don't let this be the final stage" I whispered.