Chapter 57

Dillan's POV

We've been standing outside the hospital wing of Alex's main base. Everyone else was here. Her parents,  brothers and cousins more like everyone who knew her.

Just then doctor came out. "Whats needed?" Asked Alex as soon as he noticed her. "We're in need of blood for her and  apparently our blood banks don't have her type. Does any of you have O positive?" Asked  the doctors.

"Dad ,  and I have O positive we can be of help" said Alex. The doctor nodded. "Then we shouldn't waste any more time. She's lost a lot of blood and we're not sure of how much she'd require now." She said leading them into the OT.

"She'll  be okay Dillan" said Delma who was now standing beside me. "Please don't worry." She said. She forced herself to smile when I looked looked her but her eyes we puffy from all the crying.

Her and Anita  were handling some business over seas and as soon as they heard about the attacks and everything else. They came back. But they arrived the same time we were taking Zoya to the hospital.

I just pulled her into a hug and she began crying all over again.

I just kissed the top of her head and began rubbing my hand up and down her arm. "She has to be" I whispered. But one of my senses was reprimanding me on how I knew of her injuries  and the blood loss she was suffering but still I let her do everything she wants. It's like I was ignorant towards her even after I told her I'll be there for her , always.

If there's any mistake I'd never forgive myself for. It's this one. Being ignorant towards her.

Alex's POV

"This way Sir" said two of the nurses  as they led us to the other side of the OT were the other nurses had prepared  our beds for the blood donation.

Looking over at Zoya I couldn't see anything really but I saw so many doctors surrounding her and they were all covered in blood and where constantly removing bullets in her body.

Just then the nurse closed the curtain that allowed me to have some visual  on Zoya.

"I'm sorry Sir but it's just a procedure. We can't let you witness whatever is going on behind this curtain because it may  end up with you in trauma because  you are  closely related to her. And it'll be a fight   of your mind versus your body." She said and went back to her business.

How many bullets did she take into her body?

Had something happened before this?

She looked just fine and was holding up well?

How did this all happen?

Was she at any point ambushed?

And those bruises ,did she have to do hand to hand combat  at some point?

What the hell happened?

"If you apply too much pressure on yourself the after math of this blood transfer  won't end well for you Matteo.  Be careful" said dad as we came back looking cleaner and was buttoning up his suit jacket.

"Where did you even get a suit." I asked  him not paying attention to everything else he'd said earlier.

"You're in the Rammos hospital you get everything here" he said and took a seat next to my bed.

"How are you holding up?" He asked me. "What do you mean.?" I asked totally confused. "I mean as a father  , a brother  , a Mafia Don and as as son. How are you holding up" he asked 

"In all honesty dad , sometimes I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing." I say. "Meaning."

"You know  I want to move out with  Star and the twins but I'm  scared that if I do I won't have close access to you guys." I say. "And I know Star would probably want a home of her own too. It's like her entitlement and I being nothing but selfish with it. Dad  , moving out at this age is natural but u just can't bring myself to because for one there's too much that's been happening   , two look at Zoya's  current condition that means she's hiding more than what's need to know. Three there some secrets that this family hasn't know even though we kept a strict no secrets policy." I said.

Dad just looked into space and nodded while taking in all of my words.

"I'm afraid the last two reasons are based on me" he said and I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean they are base on you dad." I remember  the last time I talk to him at the academy he acted like he knew everything that was going on but  acted like he knew  absolutely nothing of it.

"Listen to me Matteo , Zoya is the Princess of our Mafia. Its one of the  big 3 in the world followed by the French Mafia which is now in Vincent's hands. What I'm trying to say is simple. When Vanessa was born your Uncle Bryden back then was just as worried as I was about Zoya's  birth.

He didn't know how to protect a baby girl in the Mafia especially his. So we settled down with other  Mafias. Us being the big 3 we were of complete  power and no other Mafia wanted to be on the wrong side with us. So he did a bit of dictatorship and made sure that every  girl born in the Mafia had a place where she could be a queen and rule , become independent.

That place for Vanessa is back home  in France where she turned it into a multimillion  company with her talent. That place for Zoya was that military academy. She took it upon herself and made sure she got the intense training  so that she'd come out as the best.

That military school it wasn't just for her to become a spy alone but it  was also part of her training as well.

I couldn't  risk training her on our grounds that way everyone  would know her strength and weaknesses. She herself told me to send her  there. Your mother wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea but in the end she was proud of the strong woman Zoya has become." Said dad and smiled to himself.

"And her being her makes me worry even more. She once pushed through with 10 bullets in her body and didn't pass out even when they removed the bullets from  her. Now I'm wondering how many she has in her body that made her push through and not respond in the end. I'm worried myself. " He said.

" I need to talk to Kai still." I said as the nurse had taken me of the blood transfer stuff and I was now heading to the other wing to freshen up and look more presentable.

"You will but only when you be sure of yourself that you won't cause another war with him too" said dad.

"What do you mean dad?" I asked.

"Oh nothing much. It's just that that boy has got alot of explaining to do if he wants to keep his head." Said dad.

"Dad you're talking in circles again" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh I wish I could tell you my boy but nothing comes in gold plate. Find this out for yourself."  he said and walked  back to the others.