Chapter 56

Dillans POV

Opening my eyes I meet with Naomi's shocked face with her guns shaking because of her trembling hands. I register how I am not in pain and look at Naomi carefully and see her bleeding out from her heart.

She collapsed to the ground and was gasping before she took her last breathe still looking behind me.

Turning around I get the shock of my life. She was standing right there. She was okay. All those leads. Everythibg about her death. It was fake. She's standing right there.

"Mom" I said as tears clouded my vision. "Mom" I repeat again running towards her and engulfing her in a hug.

"Oh my baby boy. I've missed you so much my love. You've grown so much over the years. I missed you my love" she said as she rubbed my back. We stayed like that for   a moment of two and then pulled away.

She wipped away my tears and kissed both my cheeks. "How are you? How have you been?" She asked. I held both of her hands and kissed them. "I'm happy now that you're with me. That's all I could've asked for right now" I said and she smiled.

And then Zoya's presence  was made known to us when she cleared her throat. "I hate to interupt you  two. This is a very special moment for the both of you and I'm sorry I have to disrespect  you and tell you to do it later because we're actually in the middle of a  life and death situation." She said and forced as smile and dropped it as soon as she made it.

"Who is she Dillan?" She asked looking at her more like assessing her.

"She's my fi-" but Zoya beat me to it. "Zoya Annamore Rammos  , Dillans partner as of now but after this were going our separate ways" she said and I looked at her shocked. "Now if you dint mind. We have certain things that should never be left undone." She said and turned around heading towards the remaining  car she was for her and me.

I just don't get her. One time she's telling me that she needs me and the other time she's.just plain rude  and wants nothing to do with me.

Getting into the car after making sure my mom is safely in her seat I look at Zoya who  had all her contretation on the road.

She was frowning . For a moment  I thought it was because of me but after giving her a full assessment  on her body I noticed how many open wounds she'd got from earlier.  I try to touch her thigh her one of her wounds were to feel how deep it was but the moment my hand was about to make contact  with her thigh she moved slightly.

"Please don't. They really hurt" she said whispering the last part.

Turning to my mom she looked at her for a moment and said. "Are driving full on straight with you or there's somewhere we need to take you." She asked. My mom just smiled at her. "Safety first" said mom while pulling out her gun. "Now we can drive full on straight ramping through  as many opponents as you can." She replies.

Zoyas lips slightly shape a smile as she just nodded before pulling out her own short gun.

As we burst into the party of bullets  ,  fires  , dead bodies we shoot through the scene as Zoya jeep the car in control  while shooting with the hand and head out of the window just like both me and mom.

How she did that?

I don't even know myself.

She parks next to where Alex , Archie and two other guys were shooting at.

We get out of the car and join them.

But what's showing is when Zoya completely passes us and walked to a sniper gun laying on the floor. She picks it up and checks for bullets all in plain sight.  After she's satisfied  with the bullets in the gun she sits.on a rock and reassembled her hair into  a ponytail.

"Princess get down you're on in plain sight can you not see that?" Yelled Alpha who was on the other side.

Zoya just looks at him and shrugged "me being like this means I definitely don't give a fuck" she says before she positions herself again with the sniper.

"Fareez all set?" She said and everyone just looks at her for a moment shocked.

"All set" she says and she comes to stand behind Zoya. "Fancy seeing you again , you just disappeared" said Allan and Fareez just rolled her eyes at him.

"Fareez , Zoya this isn't a joke. Take cover " yelled Archie. "We know it's not. It's a wining play " says Fareez.

She looks at Zoya and Zoya looks back at her.

"Just one shot on each and it's all over." She says to Zoya.

"The following incidents occurred on the 15th of November 2021 at 0345hours which means early morning.  When the American Empire" she said and shot half of the opponents SUVs causing them to blow up and taking lives of many.

"The Arabian" she says and shoots the  more of the opponents  suvs and trucks. " and the minimal gangs " she said again and shot at the remaining opponents. "All died because of their greed" she said and stood up throwing away her gun.

"There's one bomb here.  Everyone needs to evacuate this area in the next ten minutes and get exactly  500 meters away from this perimeters. If you don't.
Then may your soul  rest in peace" she said getting the message everyone started pulling into cars and  speeding of campus. But I just stood my ground just looking at her.

" I meant you too Kai" she said.

Instead of moving I just fell to my knees. "This is were you put me every  single time Zoya. You make me go weak and I can't think straight when you've clouded my vision. That's why I don't find  myself worth of living without you  . I've fucked up so much in these past few weeks that I don't know  who I am right now. I'm so lost in this web that I don't even know how to get put without you."

She looked at her wrist watch then baq at me before she spoke up. "Dillan we need to get out of this place right now" but I still didn't listen.

"Zoya please please forgive me. I know it sounds weird or annoying but this is all I can ask for. I'm down in my knees infront of you ready to due for you because Zoya with the power of loving you I've realized how much  of my world you are. You're something really special to me and you'll always be. I don't want to loose you to my foolish mistakes that I committed. I'm really sorry Zoya. Please,  forgive me. And one more thing. With this war ending I need you to know that you were my push factor in there. I just kept things that I want to come back to you and noone else that's why Zoya I want you to have my heart.

I don't care what you do with it but please I'll have you know that my heart that you know have at your disposal hold all the love that I have for you and the love that I'll always have for you my love. It's always going to be you forever Zoya. I love you" I said.

"Dillan I'd very much want to go with a speech right now but I can't because we're hanging on a thread.  I love you too but if we don't make it out alive right now I promise you'd have given me a straight A reason  to hate you so let's get out of here" she said while pulling me up and we made a run for the car before I drove out of the place.

Just as we parked our car next to the others. I got out and Zoya did too. But everyone began running towards us with panicked faces. I got confused for a while before my mind registered Zoya. Looking to the other  side where Zoya should be standing  I found noone there.

Rushing over to the other side. I see her passed out on the ground and just one thing comes to mind.

"It's all my fault "