Chapter 22

Alex's  POV

Archie , Allan and I were having a meeting with Dillans team about Xemma when we heard faint yelling from the background.

Moments later  I heard Dillan begging Zoya to open the door.

I quickly ended the call and drove to the hospital. The boys and I got there about 15minutes later.

We rushed to Zoyas ward only to find everyone outside."What happened ?" I asked.

"Dr Lloyd and Letwin told  Zoya that she would.most likely die that why she need therapy to make a documentary  about her. Zoya  then panicked and locked herself in the bathroom. She was hyperventilating too. When Dillan , Jake and James broke the door down she was unconscious. And now Dr Rammos is inside with her" said a girl.who looked a bit like Dillan.

"I'm Delma by the way" she said. She really was pissed by everything that had happened. I nodded at her and waited with the others in silence. I looked over to see Delma biting her thumb clearly  worried about Zoya. I smiled noting that Zoya had people to protect and love her even if her brothers aren't there.

"Whats taking them so long" said Archie. But before Allan could talk sense another girl spoke "Zoya's  case is a sensitive one. And she's about to go into surgery in less than 4days. Its natural for doctors to take at least an hour trying to get her back to a normal state and if they can't they either have to conduct surgery right away or they will.postpone it depending on the patients critical condition" she said. She looked like she was talking to herself.

"How do you know that?" I asked. "Anita is studying medicine" said Jake smiling while looking at her.  I guess those two had something going on.

"Anderson isn't willing to tell us anything about Zoya's  condition. Can you tell us?" Asked Allan walking up to her. "It's not like he doesn't want to.tell you. Excuse me I do respect you , all of you but then you wouldn't understand" she said. Allan folded his hands across his chest. "Oh really , then try me." He said. One thing is for sure about Allan he didn't like anyone challenging him  and Anita actually did.

Anita just shrugged and started explaining to Allan in medical terms but if you ask me she was speaking Greek. I didn't understand a single thing. I did.medicine just the  basics then I  was off to business then training to be the Don.

By the time Anita was done Allan was just standing there dumbfounded. Anita had a smirk  plastered on her face. "Any questions?" She said feeling absolutely  proud of her self. "I- I uh I " Allan started faking a cough.

Everyone bursted out laughing. "Hey guys. Are you Zoya's  family" said  a voice from behind us.

We turned to see  are dark haired teenager in a hospital attire. "Oh my manners , I'm Nigel" he said. "Zoya's  first hospital friend at least that's what she said." He said. He.looked a bit Asian and something about him just didn't sit right with him.

"Oh hie Nigel , Zoya told us about you. And boy was she right. You are cute" said Delma.

"Aren't you taken?" Asked Allan. "That I happily am but we must learn to swallow our pride and appreciate  God's cute creation. And if I knew better I would think you're using your cuteness to be a spy" she said. Nigel chuckled. "Well thanks for the compliment. I going to the library hope to.see you guys around. " He said.

"Wait" said Archie and he stopped dead in his tracks. "Aren't you supposed to have an escorting nurse?" He asked Nigel. "Yeah but she's already at the library"  said Nigel and he walked away.

A few moments later  Anderson walked out of the room. "You spent alot of time in there is everything okay.?" I asked and before he could answer Allan chirped in. "And do keep it simple" he said and eyed Anita who just folded her hands at returned the look.