Chapter 58

Dillans POV

I'm now seating in Zoya's room  just holding her hand looking at her. I don't know what to say and I don't even know how to react to everything that's been happening. Her surgery was successful and turn out she had 15bullets  in her body and surprisingly none of them even slightly reached an sensitive organs. And just the thought that one of those bullets was mine makes me angrier and more scared. She took a bullet for me. She just did it like it was nothing. Yes we removed the bullet afterwards but the fact that  she was bleeding out didn't help me one bit.

Just looking at her I remember everything. How I told her to marry me and didn't wait for her answer  I just went ahead with it. Delma is now 6months pregnant  and still engaged to James.

Everything seems cleared but I still.need to.set things right with Zoya. I truly love her but then I acted against my emotions. I became scared of loosing her and I just did the one thing I thought was possible was marrying her.

I don't know  if it was even necessary  because she can very well protect herself but the fact that she could've gotten hurt out there tears  me apart.

I just kissed her hand and stood up since Delma.wanted to see her as well.

As I was about to let got of her hand she tightened her grip a bit on mine.

I looked at her and saw her eyelids move.

"Zoya" I said "can you hear me. " I asked. "Please wake up  baby girl. " I said as my free hand caressed her hair.  Her eyelids began to open but they were closing the moment they were opening. It's like they didn't agree to whatever Zoya wanted.

"It's okay baby.. you cab do it.. please just wake up. I'm here. I'm right here baby. I'm with you don't worry I'm with you" I said as she kept on trying to open her eyelids. 

After a few moments she opened yhem and adjusted well to the dim lights in her room. "How are you feeling?" I asked her holding her hand looking into her eyes.

She just nodded and tried to sir up put I pushed her gently down  shook my head. "Your wounds are still very fresh. Anderson wants you on bed rest for 24hours straight. He doesn't want you to move or anything." I explained it to her.

She tried to say something but her voice is hoarse and barely audible. I walk to the mini fridge and took out some water for her. After pouring it into a cup  I helped her drink it.

She breathed out and looked at me again. "How are you  feeling?" She asked me and I  looked at her confused and shocked. "Baby   you're the one in a hospital bed and you're asking how I'm feeling. Baby I should be the one asking you that." I said. "So you tell me , how do you feel.?" I asked but I was even scared of her answer.

"I just feel numb. And I'm really in pain. Every part of my body hurts." She said looking away from  me. I cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

"You know you're the strongest  woman I've ever met. You're phenomenal  and I love you  for that. And you're so strong that admitting  to pain  should never be a sign of your weakness ever." I said.

She just smiled  and nodded. "I'll go call Anderson  I said and walked out of the room but not before giving her one more kiss.

Alex's POV

I had to go back home to.make sure that everything was okay and everyone too. After I'd checked the medical wards and everyone else. None of my men seemed to be terribly damaged and those who were I gave two months off  duty. They really deserved it.

I thanked them for their supported and went to the main house to go meet my family.

Just as I got into the house I was pulled into a hug. "I'm so happy  you're okay Matteo." Said mom as she kissed both of my cheeks. "Star is in the nursery with the twins" she said and left me going towards the kitchen.