Chapter 39

Zoya's POV

Do I love Dillan?
Yes , with all my heart
Do I see myself building a home with him?
Yes
Is he my dream guy?
Yes , he's everything I dreamed of

Then , what's the problem Zoya?

I yelled at myself resting my head against the window.

"Everythibg okay Ms?" Asked the driver. I'm sure his Maxwell. "Yes , all okay" I said but it's a complet and utter lie. Dillan just asked me to marry him and I just stood him up.

I just told him that I really needed space. Seriously , what the fuck is wrong with me. Jesus , I think I know how Delma felt about this when James proposed.

I was now going g back home with the driver who I'm sure I'd be stuck with for the rest of my stalker journey.

"We're home" he announced as he entered the gates. As he parked the car I opened my door before he could do it. "Okay I can close and open my own doors thank you. We only can have you opening my door if it's business related." I told him. He smiled and nodded.

As I was about to walk away from my car I heard barking coming from the other side of the house.

I saw 2 guards trying to calm the dog that cane for me. He seemed angry , very angry and one guard was already bleeding. I guess he bit him.

I walked to the guards and the dog noticed me and calmed down instantly. I'm not sure what is was but I'm sure he was smiling because he had his tongue out off his mouth.

"Here boy" I said tapping my thigh squatting. He got to me  and began licking my face  and most I'd find this gesture gross but he's a bipolar dog and he made me instantly like everything about him.

After a while he stopped and just started at me. "Sit " I said and he instantly sat on the ground on his hind legs. "Whats his name Ms?" Asked one of them.

"He's name?" I said more like asked myself. "It's Beast" I said. "I would've named him Wolf but unfortunately  someone  wouldn't very happy that his name now belongs to a dog" I said and her the two of them laughing behind me and I just chuckled while staring at the dog.

"So Beast it is" said one of them. "But unfortunately  Beast seems so sense your absence and he is having trouble adjusting to living with the other dogs. We've tried chaining him and everything else but it just won't work. He broke the chain the last time we did that" he said causing me to look at Beast but he just kept looking at me lost. Not that I wanted him to understand but still.

"It's fine I'll contribute to his training. I won't let you guys do it alone. And also Beast from now on goes everywhere with me except except formal events  and meetings" I said standing at leading him back to him dog house which was built for him.

"Sure Ms." He said. "And do take care of that injury it seems deep"  I said. He looked at his wound and nodded.

I went back into the house using the kitchen back door. I said my hellos to the helpers preparing dinner in there. They seemed busy , was someone coming over?

"Zoya good that I found you here. Congratulations!" Said Star hugging me. I looked at her confused. "Just because it took you a week to tell us Dillan told us himself." She said. I still don't understand.

"I actually came to tell you that the Zeldas are coming over over dinner. Or better yet should I say your fiance family is coming over for dinner" she said and winked at me and everything seemed to click.

Dillan asked me to marry him and he didn't get my answer. I know his doing it for my own protection but don't you think it's just a but below the belt.