751 - 760

751. High tempo music in fast food restaurants encourage faster knife and fork activity, leading to quicker table turnover.

752. The truth is, bad things don't affect us as profoundly as we expect them to. That's true of good things, too. We adapt very quickly to either.

-Daniel Gilbert (Researcher on Affective Forecasting)

753. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.

- Carl Jung (Founder of Analytical Psychology)

754. Probably the biggest insight ... is that happiness is not just a place, but also a process. Happiness is an ongoing process of fresh challenges, and it takes the right attitudes and activities to continue to be happy.

- Ed Diener (nicknamed "Dr. Happiness")

755. The highest and most beautiful things in life are not to be heard about, nor read about, nor seen but, if one will, are to be lived.

- Søren Kierkegaard (The First Existentialist Philosopher)

756. Around 80% of people use music as an escape from all the negative things in life.

757. The very last person on your mind before you fall asleep is either the reason for your happiness or your pain.

758. If you can't stop your stream of thoughts at night, get up and write them down. This will set your mind at ease so you can sleep.

759. When an idea or prospect for progress comes up, it seems like we are trying and working harder.

760. The right side of the brain is more concerned with emotional processing and the left side with language.