1501 - 1510

1501. Attractive people are less likely to be convicted of a crime and more likely to get a shorter sentence.

1502. Humans usually agree on who is and isn't attractive, regardless of race, ethnicity, and culture. Researchers have noticed that attraction is not merely in the eye of the beholder, but that there are universal standards of attractiveness.

1503. Research has found that while ovulating, women prefer masculine looking men. But at other times of the month they seek men with softer features.

1504. Believe it or not, but becoming attractive has become a profitable industry in most of the West, with $200 billion spent annually globally. This "industry" includes weight-loss programs, cosmetics, skin and hair care, perfumes and cosmetic surgery, among other products.

1505. Infants from 2 to 6 months of age prefer to look longer at faces rated as attractive by adults than at faces rated as unattractive by adults

1506. Children born to their parents in their 30's tend to find older faces more attractive than children born to their parents in their 20's.

1597. I've learned over the years that people are human and have mood swings, regardless of how talented they are. Today, I'm looking at life from a realistic point of view instead of the way I would want things to be.

-Otis Williams

1508. Men with a larger jaw and prominent brow are more attractive to women.

1509. Scent may be one of the factors in one's attraction towards another.

1510. Dr. David Buss, recorded mating preferences for more than 10,000 people from 37 cultures and found out that woman's physical attractiveness was the top most factor in man's list.