1371 - 1380

1371. I think what makes people fascinating is conflict, it's drama, it's the human condition. Nobody wants to watch perfection.

—Nicolas Cage

1372. Schizophrenics tend to have writing that switches direction in the way that it slants, between left and right, and this is supposedly a sign of a person 'not having continual contact with reality'.

1373. We are biologically wired to cling to what is familiar. This is why we cling to things, even if they are bad for us.

1374..Housing is absolutely essential to human flourishing. Without stable shelter, it all falls apart.

—Matthew Desmond

1375. When people write the letter 'o' with a loop or hole at the top of the letter, it means they are talkative and sociable, while closed 'o's indicate someone who is private.

1376. All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together.

—Jack Kerouac

1377. His favorite song is probably his favorite because he associates it with an emotional event in his life.

1378. A human being has so many skins inside, covering the depths of the heart. We know so many things, but we don't know ourselves! Why, thirty or forty skins or hides, as thick and hard as an ox's or bear's, cover the soul. Go into your own ground and learn to know yourself there.

—Meister Eckhart

1379. Every human is an artist. The dream of your life is to make beautiful art.

—Don Miguel Ruiz

1380. Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell.

—Emily Dickinson