1531 - 1540

1531. Be extra careful in the work environment with those who like to maintain their position through charm and being political, rather than getting things done. They are very prone to envying and hating those who work hard and get results. They will slander and sabotage you without any warning.

-Robert Greene

1532. Building healthy mini habits is the foolproof way to achieve excellence in life, regardless of how big and impossible it seems at first. Start with habits that are so small that we have no reason or excuse to ignore them.

1533. One of the best ways to make sure you do what you set out to do would be to design a reward plan for your action. This will make your new routine and behavior change look more appealing to you and you will want to pursue them to keep you on track.

1534. Keep learning and expanding your knowledge in your field of interest - mentally, then take a good rest and eat the right foods to stay at your peak state - physically.

1535. People with strong self-control spend less time resisting desires than others.

1536. Developing good habits and routines enhances self-control.

1537. Self-control is like a muscle. It can become fatigued by overuse, but it can also be strengthened on the long term through exercise.

1538. Glucose is the fuel behind willpower. Mental work uses glucose, the crucial compound of willpower.

1539. Think beyond your present reluctance and create a mental picture of the end result. Visualizing the big picture benefits will motivate you to push through an unpleasant task. Instead of grumbling about your tiredness, think about how energized you'll feel after you work out!

1540. Even when when you feel like you're failing and the tide is against you, put on your best face and show up.