1291 - 1300

1291. Research has revealed that, when you gain a new romantic partner, you may lose two of your closest friends or not give more attention to your friendship,like you do before.

1292. Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.

-William Ellery Channing

1293. Within 5 minutes of waking up, 50% of your dream is forgotten.

1294. Shared interests and proximity real or virtual are the fastest paths to finding friends, and if that intersection of two lives begins online, it can yet develop into its own type of relationship over time.

1295. God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures.

-Francis Bacon

1296. You find relief in sleeping. When you're sleeping,you're not sad,angry or lonely,you feel nothing.

1297. Studies show that most adults have only one or two close friends beyond their significant others.

1298. The true object of all human life is play. Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground.

-Gilbert K. Chesterton

1299. The voluntary nature of friendships, and our mutual commitment to the relationships are the hallmarks of any friendship's very existence. Unless two people consider their relationship a friendship, it simply doesn't exist.

1300. Zoo: An excellent place to study the habits of human beings.

-Evan Esar