𝟎𝟎: prologue

𝟎𝟎: prologue "five hundred years later andhere we are again

𝟎𝟎: prologue
"five hundred years later and
here we are again."

"Your awfully cheerful today, Niklaus.. who died?" The older of the two asked as he came into the room, with a raised brow and arms crossed over his chest. Suspicion raising in the male from his brother's cheerful mood.

"It's more than just that, brother." Klaus wiped the blood from his lips, as he let the body drop to the floor. He rose from his seat with a mischievous smirk on his lips. "I've just received word that the rumor about the doppelgänger in Mystic Falls is true." Niklaus walked over to his brother, before placing a hand on his shoulder. "We can finally break our curse, Nikolai."

Nikolai held a look of shock on his face, his brows furrowing. "You can't be serious.." He shook his head at Klaus. "We don't even have the moonstone.. We don't have everything we need to break the curse, Niklaus."

Klaus looked at Nikolai with a raised brow himself, his head tilting to the side slightly. A small sigh leaving the younger twin's lips. "Katerina is there too, brother. I have a plan, Nikolai. In fact i've already sent Maddox ahead to scout them out."

"Katerina ? No it can't be her.. we've been looking for her for five hundred years, Niklaus.." He took a step back from his brother, before brushing past him to pour himself a glass of bourbon.

At Klaus's words, Nikolai turned around to look at his brother before rolling his eyes. "I don't like where this is heading."

Klaus rolled his eyes dramatically, as he let out a small sigh. "Exactly! It's already been confirmed that it's her, Nikolai ! We get our hands on Katerina, the doppelgänger and the other requirements, then curse broken and the thrones are ours !" Klaus argued with his, brother.

"As tempting as that may be, dear brother you have yet to reveal your plan." Nikolai took a sip of the liquor contents, before raising a brow.

"Ah yes the plan !" Klaus chuckled, before a small smirk crept on his lips. "Now like I said I had Maddox go to Mystic Falls to be our scout. He's found a werewolf and uh a history teacher or something for us to travel in." The smirk on Klaus's lips grew.

Nikolai rolled his eyes, before downing the rest of the liquor contents. "You know how I feel about traveling, Niklaus."

"It's not like we're going to be in their bodies for a century, Nikolai. Besides, it's the best way to get close to the doppelgänger and her friends to find out exactly what we're dealing with." Klaus rolled his eyes, before walking over to Nikolai and placing his hands on his shoulders. "Trust me, brother this will work."

"You said that five hundred years ago, and look what happened Klaus." He Nikolai snapped, before sighing.

Klaus's eyes narrowed at the older of the two, before looking away from him. "That was not my fault."

"I know, Niklaus.. I'm just ready to break this dreadful curse by mommy dearest." Nikolai's tone was full of venom when speaking about their mother, he wasn't intentionally trying to upset his brother.

Klaus walked away from his brother and back towards the table to sit down. "Then trust me brother, we have searched long and hard for this. It's finally the time for us to break the curse and become our true nature."

Nikolai stood at the other end of the table, with his head tilted to the side slightly. "Let me guess you get the werewolf and I get the other one?"

Klaus let out an amused laugh, before shaking his head. "No actually. I'm not found of traveling in teenage bodies."

"Tee- really ?" Nikolai narrowed his eyes at Klaus, before letting out a small scoff. "You've got to be kidding me.."

"Maddox found the most suitable, brother." Klaus shrugged, as he gave his brother an amused smile. "He's in their circle is what i've heard."

"You better sleep with one eye open." Nikolai grumbled, as he rolled his eyes at Klaus. "So we leave today then ?" His arms crossing over his chest.

Klaus rolled his eyes dramatically, before shaking his head once more. "I'm going to stay behind for a few days, I have some business to finish up here."

"Now you really better sleep with one eye open, because locking you in a safe and throwing you in the ocean is looking tempting." Nikolai gave his brother a sarcastic smile, as he shook his head. "It better be important otherwise you won't hear the end of it."

The twins could threaten each other and not get angry at the other. They could tell the meaning behind each other's threats, so it wasn't a normal thing for them to attack the other.

"Oh it's very important." Klaus chuckled at his brother's threat, as he raised a brow. "You better get going brother, Maddox is waiting."

"Your going to be the death of me, Niklaus." Nikolai snickered, as he turned away from his brother to start walking towards the door.

"We'll never brother, not after our curse is broken." Klaus called out to his brother with a small chuckle.

Nikolai snorted as he walked out of the home. He walked over to his mustang, before clambering in and setting off towards Mystic Falls.

Once Nikolai had arrived he slowly climbed out of the mustang, and looked up in the night sky. A small sigh leaving his lips, his breath showing in the cool night air. After he was done admiring the changes of the land he once lived upon he was moving towards the inside of the place Maddox had told him to meet him at.

"So where's this werewolf exactly?" Nikolai asked the witch, as he walked towards the kitchen.

Maddox nodded for the Original to follow him into the living room. "He's in here. He was quite the feisty one, shows more promise than the other one."

Nikolai raised a brow, before moving to crouch down in front of the werewolf. His hand moved to grasp the wolves chin, before forcing his head up so he could inspect him. "What's his name?" He asked Maddox, as he turned his head to look at him.

"Jacob Riley." Maddox answered as he crossed his arms over his chest. "I'll transfer your conscious to his body, before taking yours back to Klaus until it's time for his arrival." He informed Nikolai.

"He'll do." Nikolai nodded, before standing up. "Let's get this done already." He moved to sit in the chair in front of Jacob, before looking at Maddox.

Maddox nodded before starting the ritual of transferring Nikolai's consciousness. The Latin words falling from the witches mouth in a chant.

Moments later Jacob's eyes were shooting open, and watching as Nikolai's body fell to the ground. He stood up before looking at his hands, before looking at Maddox. "I may hate traveling, but I have feeling this is going to be easy."