𝟐𝟐: the hybrids

𝟐𝟐: the hybrids"You'll thank us later"

𝟐𝟐: the hybrids
"You'll thank us later"

As they hiked up the Smoky Mountains to Ray's pack, Klaus had felt the need to tease Stefan once again.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" Klaus asked in a teasing tone, as he looked at Stefan who was carrying the in transition Hybrid on his shoulders.

"I think he might be." Nikolai joined in, as he walked on the other side of Stefan. Nikolai had been less moody today seeing as they were closer to the pack, he always seemed happier when he was about to get his way.

"I'm fine." Stefan sighed in annoyance, as he glanced at both brothers.

"Are you sure?" Nikolai asked, a brow raised in amusement.

"We've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down." Klaus added still teasing the young vampire.

"You know, I get that the three of us are stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan told them, annoyance in his tone.

"So much brooding." Klaus mumbled. "Your starting to turn into Niko on his bad days."

"Normally I would hit you for that, but I seem to agree with that statement." Nikolai admitted, as he glanced at Klaus. "Unlike myself I don't self loathe, but your drowning in it Stefan."

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves." Stefan retorted. "We've been at it all summer."

"Well, thanks to our pal Ray we've found ourselves a pack brother." Klaus said to Nikolai, as they finally found Ray's pack going amongst themselves at their campsite.

As they walked closer to the pack, everyone's eyes turned to watch the three of them. Stefan dropped Ray's body carelessly down on the ground, so the pack could see who it was on his shoulders.

One of the women ran over to Ray, crouching down beside him.

"Ray! Oh my god!" She said in concern, as she looked at the blood all over her friend. "What's going on?" She mumbled, as a man moved to stand next to her. She looked up at the three of them slowly. "Who are you?" She asked Stefan.

"The important question is who are we?" Klaus said, as he motioned towards Nikolai and himself.

"Please forgive the intrusion." Nikolai said, a small grin on his lips. "My name is Nikolai and this is my brother Klaus."