🍁Chapter:01🍁

🍁Chapter:01🍁

That night even though in a few hours it would be morning, Isha felt every tiny moment she had spent with Virat dance in front of her eyes, every single promise, every tiny detail of their encounter, and how much she loathed herself for falling for him. 

 Although she cried all night, it was so silent that the man sleeping behind her did not hear anything at all but he knew she was shedding tears with her back to him. Aryan had not dared touch her and while it soothed her to some extent, she still felt wary of him. Why had Aryan married her was beyond her. It couldn't have been humanity, if humanity existed Virat would never do this to her.

He had been given a choice, he could have bailed even when the marriage was not fixed but he chose to humiliate her in front of everyone on the day of their marriage. He took her hand only to crush it brutally and worst of all he made sure to humiliate her in front of her own family members for life. Now all people would ever talk about was how she was dumped on her own wedding, how she'd been that stupid woman who fell in love with a playboy and got trolled for her life choices.

Behind the concerned faces of her 'loved ones, she saw their smug smiles, their taunting faces, their cruel words ready to mock her whenever she faced them again. Aryan might have saved her from utter humiliation and a labelled life but he could not save her face from the mockery she knew she would face behind her back.

Isha breathed a heavy breath, it came out shaky and she hated herself for being so weak. Why was a single betrayal so hard to swallow? Why did it leave her heart clenching painfully? Why was it so hard to breathe normally as she had been all her life? Why could her eyes just not run out of tears?

With a blocked nose Isha sat up on the bed giving not even a glance at Aryan who slept beside her, he had offered to sleep on the floor but having no energy to deal with anything Isha simply told him to sleep on his bed. Him sleeping on the floor would just remind her of the tragedy. It would just remind her she had been married to a stranger and not the man she loved.

She got up from the bed and paused when her anklets made noise, although she had changed into one of her pajamas, most of her jewellary she had not bothered to remove. She still wore her engagement ring, her anklets, her nuptial chain and one of her earrings she figured she was not in her right mind when she took her attire off and so slowly she worked on getting her hair out of the earring that was tangled with it. Setting it aside on the bedside table, Isha grabbed the ends of her nuptial chain and set it aside on the table with no consideration. 

That chain meant nothing to her now, not bothering to even look at it again, Isha worked on her anklets next when they came of she finally got herself out of bed, she moved out bumping into a few things and hissing slightly at the burn. She could not sleep and she would be lying to herself  if she said she otherwise. Staying close to Aryan was suffocating her more than she thought it would. It was infuriating her because she could not figure out his motive.

No human did anything without anything in return. 

When she entered the dining room her breath hitched when she found Aryan's mother in the kitchen adjacent to the table. So much for wanting alone time.

The older woman turned around as soon as she saw her, from what Isha could see in that brief moment--her eyes were bloodshot red as if she had been crying for atleast a few hours. Something else clutched at her heart, this woman hated her too. Her sour experssion as soon as Isha came into view made apparent of her feelings about the unexpected wife her son brought home.

The utensils made a lot more noise in the kitchen now that Isha was sitting at the table and her heart jumped when some particular unexpected words left the woman's heart.