🍁Chapter:16🍁

🍁Chapter:16🍁

Aryan should have rebuked them when they came inside to talk to him about something. He should have never let them in, he should've made it clear from the beginning how cleverly their daughter lied to them. 

But he couldn't. 

Especially since they approached him with hands tightly clasped together, begging him not to ruin their daughter's life. His heart ached for parents who had such children. Seema's parents had always been kind people, but their daughter took no notice. She exploited them to no ends and they could not stop giving in to her. Now, it had led to them begging on her behalf.

"Please, Aryan don't leave her." her father was bordering on desperation as he gripped his arm. "Every child needs their father, we will do whatever needs to be done, just marry her. Please don't leave her!" Aryan's mind had blacked out for a moment only to come back crashing when the realization dawned upon him.

His own wife was in the house. 

"Aryan, we know about the child..." If Isha heard this...what would happen?

"We would like to get you two settled before she starts showing, I was hoping we could arrange for that..." No, shit, no...what the fuck. Aryan's mouth dried and the dread settled in, Isha would leave him. She would not hear anything he had to say, she was still recovering from being cheated on...if she heard these conversations she would not hear a word I say ever again.

So when his wife came out and sat beside him, confused, Aryan's heart picked up pace. He knew he would have to speak up, he needed to speak up. Just, his thoughts refused to come together and words died down in his throat.

"Aryan?" Isha's soft touch on his hand broke him out of his racing thoughts, she had picked up his hand and intertwined their fingers tightly. He looked at Seema's father who had suddenly called his name, he was angry, he was confused, and disheartened. Any father would be if they thought the guy who got his daughter pregnant was cheating on her.

"I am married." he blurted out before thinking and then cursed at himself when her father's face morphed into horror. Isha's hand squeezed his hand and then he collected his thoughts finally, 'She is Isha, she is rational, talk and explain and she will listen.' That thought process gave him the boost he needed.

Indeed, she was Isha. Benevolent, rational, loyal, and fair.

"Is this why you refused to accept the baby?! How disgusting-!"

"Seema lied to you, Uncle"

"You are the liar! Why would my child lie to me like this?!" he stood up, voice raising, and his throat was getting choked up, Aryan could hear the crack in his voice every time he threw another insult at him. He heaved a sigh in pity. No parent deserved such shenanigans in their old age.

"Here, child!" he called out to Isha desperately, she clung to Aryan tightly and it was warming his heart. "Did you know he had been cheating on you?!" he pointed a finger at Isha who only stared back at him calmly. But her calm was only making Aryan more worried. Did she not believe him? Maybe she would not believe in him. Their relationship was barely moving forward. 

'Kya vishwas karu mai tumpar jab vishwas karne layak tumne mujhe kuch diya hi nahi?'

His heart sank. He was done for.

"Uncle, I believe there has been a misunderstanding," she spoke up, firmly standing her ground and it rocked him to his core. He just stared at her in silence, heart, and mind captured by her image. 

The old man was stunned, he too expected Isha, like any other wife to wake up a storm in such a situation. What he did not know, was that Isha rarely spoke unless it was with conviction. 

🍁Hasi🍁On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara