🍁Chapter:15 (Part II)🍁

Aryans POV

Her head rested on my shoulder, just as it did this evening before our walk. This time it was limp, it lolled back and forth while I attempted to bring her to the couch.

It was hurtful to see her like this.

And just like in the morning, I was left with her out cold in my arms. Just like in the morning, I tried talking to her but she couldn't reply. Where in the morning she was conscious enough to know I was beside her, here, her eyes were shut closed.

I was partially aware someone was near me. My loud voice must've brought about panic but somehow it just couldn't calm down. I kept speaking louder than I wanted to.

I tapped at her cheeks but her skin was clammy, and her eyes were tightly shut, when I touched her forehead it was burning hot and I felt my heart in my throat.

"She has a fever," I mumbled. Next came the anger and frustration, "who knew she had a fever?" I heard my brother shuffle around, I was huffing and I could barely hear anything past my own heartbeat.

"Bhai...bhabhi will be fine..." Karan must've sensed a shift in me because he shut his mouth just as quickly. I knew I was huffing like a bull. But it couldn't be controlled, not anymore.

I nonetheless touched her hands and feet, the realization had dread settled within my chest, I panicked and reached for her cold face...my hands cradled her gently as if she would disappear.

As if my negligence would take her from me.

I had just come to the realization of who she was to me... I could not lose her. I do not want to lose her.

"I-Isha?" My once strong voice broke suddenly and then came forth Sagar's comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Bhai, calm down, she'll be okay." He was talking to me in silent confidence but I shrugged his hand off, not wanting any of them to touch me yet.

They had done this.

I had done this.

It is our fault.

But while I understood where I was wrong, they didn't.

"What happened?!" Ma came rushing towards us but before she could touch Isha I stood up, blocking her.

"Aryan..?" I was shaking, I could feel it. My wife kept collapsing because of them and they could be the least bothered, they pushed her to the point she couldn't stand on her feet. "Aryan step aside, let me see her."

"Bhai..." Karan started but then shut up when I stalked closer to our mother. They knew better than to mess with me and I was actually glad. I had boundaries. And all of them got breached today. As I turned around to stare all of them in the eye...the shift in their postures was noticeable. It felt good to be paid attention to when I needed to get a point across.

"Meri biwi iss ghar ki naukrani hai?" Ma's jaw dropped but thankfully she remained silent. Today had been a rollercoaster ride. I didn't want to hurt her more but it was impossible to remain silent when nobody took care of Isha the way she cared for them.

I left her alone for thirty minutes and came back to her body hitting the floor.

"Apne ghar ka kaam karne se koi naukrani nahi banjata." Mummy's words hurt me more than I thought they would but as my eyes furrowed I scoffed in disbelief,

"Ghar ka kaam uske aane se pehle bhi ho raha tha."

"Now suddenly everything seems dependent on her." They knew it was true, the house and their world ran just fine without Isha in it, now suddenly, the load of the world had to be carried by her, and her alone.