🍁Chapter:18 (Part II)🍁

🍁Chapter: 18 (Part II)🍁

Neeta's Pov

I smiled when I saw them playing ringa ringa roses with their precious Mami. The house sang together with the children's laughter, they were all so happy and it was hard to contain them.

Their mother, Shruti ran behind them to get them to eat but all day it was only, Mami this, Mami that.

And Isha gladly obliged, it made me smile all the more. If anyone was the perfect match for my son, it was, and it would always be Isha.

"MAMI!!" I winced at the scream, these little balls of energy were really tiring the rest of us. Shruti reprimanded that screaming right away, just as Samarth, her four-year-old boy, handed Isha another rose he plucked from my garden.

I took a deep breath, at this rate all the flowers in my poor garden would be plucked and thrown around. I opened my mouth to speak but Isha beat me to it.

"Thank you, Samu!!" She said bashfully and the little boy blushed and quickly hid his face behind his hands, I shook my head. These children were whipped.

Even the two-year-old baby girl threw tantrums if Isha passed her to her mother. So she stood with her on her hip, her sippy cup in one hand while she rocked her body to please the baby.

She was so good with the kids. It was no wonder they ran behind her the whole day.

"Mami! Mami look!!" She gasped dramatically with her hand on her chest.

"Omg, Samu! You're so brave!" On his finger was a small cut from the rose he plucked, I noted yet again, instead of worrying over it unnecessarily...she took up a tone that made the boy think it wasn't anything painful.

She put Pihu down on the couch, the baby wiggled uncomfortably, she made little grabby hands for Isha...eyes already turning red for her favorite Aunt paid more attention to her sibling.

I shook my head, and a sudden gush of memories overtook me. I remembered Anaira, that little demon.

She threw a dead frog directly at my poor Sagar and then giggled when he cried. Those days when she smacked Karan and then stole his cookies when she was a toddler.

Those days when my Aryan would sit beside her and cry if she was sick.

I miss those moments so much.

"Samu? Say what you wanted to Mami!" Shruti urged her shy son as she handled her fussy daughter who kept reaching for Isha.

Isha had wrapped up his small finger in a bandaid, she kissed his tiny finger and smiled brightly. "I wonder what Samu had to tell me? Hmm?"

Samarth chose to hide behind his mother and peek at Isha.
"C'mon Samu!" Shruti attempted to push him ahead but he kept himself glued to her.

"If you don't tell me how would I know?" Isha cooed at him and I looked back at Ajay who met my eyes. I peeled another apple and watched silently.

The ache in my heart grew. All my children had suddenly gotten so big.

It appeared as if it was just yesterday I gave birth to Aryan, held him in my arms, dressed him up in his tiny clothes, brushed his teeth, cut his little nails, gave him his first pencil, and sent him to his preschool.

And now I was watching his wife play with kids.

How time flies.

Isha ultimately gave into the fussing baby and held her back in her arms, she wiggled some more, tears yet still glinting in her eyes but as her Mami began rocking her, she slowly dropped her head onto her shoulder, hand gripping onto her hair to ensure she didn't leave.