🍁Chapter:23🍁

🍁Chapter:23🍁

Isha's Pov

One and a half months later.

"Yeah had to, no one would have married pathetic you."

"There is nothing that can possibly love people like you."

"Zinda rehne ke layak ho tum?"

"Na jane yeh kya panauti le aya hai"

"Your existence puts me to shame. To think there are still women like you in these modern times!"

"I fucked your best friend just as you're fucking mine."

The cold splash of water against my skin jolts me away from the spiral of memories. It was 3 p.m. and I had to stop my racing brain. These hateful words have brought me nothing but misery and I refuse to feel that again.

I have been hurt many times by many people but somehow...

Aryan's words...they...choked me. It killed me to hear them from his mouth. Why, I do not know. I just got thrown back into feeling things I had stopped experiencing. 

I had stopped feeling wronged. I had stopped feeling bottled up. I had stopped feeling frustrated and I had stopped feeling misunderstood. I had passed these stages in life in my early twenties, I had stopped feeling hurt.

Then...why?

Why Aryan?

He hadn't even called me anything worse. It was just pathetic. I am used to hearing much worse but then...why? Why is it excruciating? 

I have heard from my father's mouth how much he despised me, seen from my own eyes his hatred, experienced mockery from people I called family, suffered exhaustion, and fainted but all of this could never come anywhere near to what I felt right this instant.

It clenched my heart.

As if it was wrong.

But why was it wrong...?

I have been called worse so why am I so hung upon this?

It was a simple pathetic. 

And it was tearing me apart.

Aryan has been trying to rectify his actions since then, in a month was our first anniversary. He has been so much better lately, he was never short-tempered but recently he has been more than careful of what words he used with me.

His worry for my health, when I passed my kidney stone, was an obvious indicator of what was inside his heart. He had made a mistake and he was deeply regretful. 

Good. Said my mind, glad that someone in my life was good enough to rectify his mistakes where the majority of the people just blamed me instead.

Aryan was different maybe that was why his words were unexpected.

What you don't expect hurts you. So maybe that was the reason I was still affected by mere words.

I looked at my wrist and sighed. It was time. I fixed my clothes, exited the washroom, and walked to the front desk, there I sat in line whilst fidgeting, my nerves fried. I closed my eyes and pictured the few truly happy moments of my life, from them, I gained strength to hear whatever I had to.

"Isha Maurya?" My name was soon called and at that exact moment, my phone rang. 

Aryan.

My eyes watered but I declined and left him a message. My chest pained at the mention of his name and I did not understand if I was being overdramatic or was this feeling justified.